starting strength gym

Thread: Wear Your Lifting Shoes When You Deadlift | Brent Carter

Default Wear Your Lifting Shoes When You Deadlift | Brent Carter

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    Starting Strength Coach Brent Carter gives seminar attendees some of the many reasons to wear weight lifting shoes when deadlifting.

As someone who is 6"2 with a long torso and short femurs, unlike others with different proportions, a single 4" wide belt works for me. In contrast, I use deadlift shoes for both conventional and sumo deadlifts and squat shoes with a 3/4" heel for everything else. Just curious if competitors and SS coaches normally use a single shoe for all lifts in training or something different for deadlifts.

Quote Originally Posted by Logan1 View Post
    As someone who is 6"2 with a long torso and short femurs, unlike others with different proportions, a single 4" wide belt works for me. In contrast, I use deadlift shoes for both conventional and sumo deadlifts and squat shoes with a 3/4" heel for everything else. Just curious if competitors and SS coaches normally use a single shoe for all lifts in training or something different for deadlifts.
    You didn't watch the video, did you?

Quote Originally Posted by Cody Annino View Post
    You didn't watch the video, did you?
    I did. I understand that some people use a single pair or shoes for all lifts just as some people use a single belt. I know some competitors use shoes with a flat sole for deadlifts and shoes with a heel for squats, just as I do. Since I know some people who post here compete, I was curious if they used more than one pair of shoes.