starting strength gym

Thread: Sensory deprivation tanks

Default Sensory deprivation tanks

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    Is float therapy good for recovery or is it a waste of 90 minutes laying there floating?

Depends on who you ask. The operator of the tank will say it is. Sleep is better.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric Larousse View Post
    Is float therapy good for recovery or is it a waste of 90 minutes laying there floating?
    The writers of both the old and retread Hawaii Five-O spoke highly of it for breaking the will.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark E. Hurling View Post
    The writers of both the old and retread Hawaii Five-O spoke highly of it for breaking the will.
    WTH(urlism)?

The man is a literary Colossus. You'd better have your English Major ducks in a row before you read any of his posts.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Rippetoe View Post
    The man is a literary Colossus. You'd better have your English Major ducks in a row before you read any of his posts.
    What MEH does cannot be taught in school.

Some of us have good memories fore what happened back when.

"Ka ʻōwili ʻōkaʻi" (Hawaiian for: "Cocoon") is the first episode of the ninth season of Hawaii Five-0. It aired on September 28, 2018. The episode was written by Leonard Freeman & Peter M. Lenkov and was directed by Bryan Spicer.[1] In the episode Steve is captured and placed in a sensory deprivation tank while the rest of the team attempts to rescue him. The episode is a remake of the 1968 episode of the same name.[2] Ka ʻōwili ʻōkaʻi - Wikipedia

starting strength coach development program
    Quote Originally Posted by Eric Larousse View Post
    I tried it recently for the first time, although I am not training right now so I can't attest to its usefulness for recovery. I did find that my muscles could relax in a way that they don't even in bed, because of the perfect neutral support of the water. However, I didn't sleep well the night before and so I dozed off in the tank. I suffer from sleep apnea so I think I kept waking up due to not being able to breathe well. I was on the edge of/in and out of sleep much of the time. I would tell myself I was going to meditate, but after a couple of breaths I would find myself dreaming instead. I enjoyed it but it wasn't the altered state of consciousness I was hoping for (which is why I went). Not worth frequent repetition for me at the price. I might feel differently if I didn't have apnea.

Word of warning, the salty water stings if it gets in your eyes, nose, or you have any little scratch. I got settled in the tank, then realized I needed to get out to put vasaline (provided) on a scratch. When I got out water ran down from my hair into my eyes so I had to get into the shower and rinse off. Somehow in the course of that it got up my nose, so after I got back into the tank I had to get out again and blow my nose while being careful not to let it run down from my hair into my eyes again. Bit of a comedy of errors.