starting strength gym

Thread: Belt hack

Default Belt hack

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    I’ve struggled to get used to my belt. Stuffs up my setup proprioception, couldn’t even get thru all warmups with it on. (It’s a 3 in. 2 ply Bests, so pretty thick)
    But now, I put it on and rotate it so all the buckle and overlap sits on the lower back leaving just one clean belt layer at the front, works a treat !

Quote Originally Posted by Panda View Post
    I’ve struggled to get used to my belt. Stuffs up my setup proprioception, couldn’t even get thru all warmups with it on. (It’s a 3 in. 2 ply Bests, so pretty thick)
    But now, I put it on and rotate it so all the buckle and overlap sits on the lower back leaving just one clean belt layer at the front, works a treat !
    Yep, and you'll also find that things go much better with your cleans and snatches. You'll be able to keep it closer.

I put mine on with the buckle on the back, just past the side and not centered. This works very well for leverage makes it so it can be tightened correctly without any use of the rack or other help.

I also found putting on belt with the buckle away from belly button helpful, but I can only adjust the buckle to my side.
    Beside using lever belt, can someone suggest a way to position the buckle on the back and maintain proper tightness?

Training partner.