starting strength gym

Thread: Possible issues with only doing Deadlifts?

Default Possible issues with only doing Deadlifts?

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    With many people not able to train as usual. The deadlift seems to be the most likely of the 5 that most can set up somewhere somehow. My question is if someone only does deadlifts with both hands pronated for a long time would there be any risk of developing issues with muscle imbalances like some people do when all they do is bench?

What muscles could become "unbalanced," and how?

Do you believe its possible for the pectorals to become so tight from just doing bench alone it could cause forward rolled shoulders and posture issues along with other musculature issues? If so , could the same happen to the muscles of the back and legs causing issues in the antagonist musculature if only doing Deadlifts I assume not, but didn't know for sure?
    Thank you for your time and thoughts

You're worried that your deadlifting muscles might get so tight that you could no longer bend over to tie your shoes? I guess you'd have to go to pull-on boots. And then what would you do about dressing up? Look like Ted Cruz in his expensive boots? That would be bad because someone might think you're a conservative. Man, don't risk that! Just keep doing what you're doing now.

Quote Originally Posted by cdsole View Post
    With many people not able to train as usual. The deadlift seems to be the most likely of the 5 that most can set up somewhere somehow. My question is if someone only does deadlifts with both hands pronated for a long time would there be any risk of developing issues with muscle imbalances like some people do when all they do is bench?
    No. It'll be fine, except that you won't be as strong, because you aren't squatting.
    Starting Strength Indianapolis is up and running. Sign up for a free 30-minute coaching session.
    I answer all my emails: ALewis@StartingStrengthGyms.com