For the Ladies - Doing Your Threes, Gaining Weight, & Staying Strong | Inna & Nicole For the Ladies - Doing Your Threes, Gaining Weight, & Staying Strong | Inna & Nicole

starting strength gym
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 21

Thread: For the Ladies - Doing Your Threes, Gaining Weight, & Staying Strong | Inna & Nicole

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    2,335

    Default For the Ladies - Doing Your Threes, Gaining Weight, & Staying Strong | Inna & Nicole

    • starting strength seminar june 2021
    • starting strength seminar august 2021
    • starting strength seminar october 2021
    Starting Strength Coaches Inna Koppel and Nicole Rutherford discuss their experience coaching women, the use of threes in the NLP, and the value of strength training for women.


  2. #2
    Join Date
    Sep 2019
    Posts
    523

    Default

    Did the coach on the right say she's started squatting 85lbs, added 20lbs of body weight, and is now squatting 340????

    Did I hear that correctly?

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Feb 2020
    Posts
    172

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mpalios View Post
    Did the coach on the right say she's started squatting 85lbs, added 20lbs of body weight, and is now squatting 340????

    Did I hear that correctly?
    Yeah but she has likely been lifting for years.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Sep 2019
    Posts
    523

    Default

    First, the 'coach on the right' was Nicole. Sorry... I wasn't paying attention to the name on the first post.

    Second, Mark, you need to interview her, like you did Chase. 99% of men can't squat 340. I can't. Would very much like to hear the details of that process, of only gaining 20lbs and tripling her capacity.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    May 2019
    Posts
    408

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mpalios View Post
    First, the 'coach on the right' was Nicole. Sorry... I wasn't paying attention to the name on the first post.

    Second, Mark, you need to interview her, like you did Chase. 99% of men can't squat 340. I can't. Would very much like to hear the details of that process, of only gaining 20lbs and tripling her capacity.
    Can't, or won't? (that's not directed at you, specifically, just an observation).

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Location
    Akron, OH
    Posts
    1,644

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Matt James View Post
    Can't, or won't? (that's not directed at you, specifically, just an observation).
    Can't.

    Maybe some day, but gun to their heads today, some large percentage of males would not be able to squat 340.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    May 2019
    Posts
    408

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AndrewLewis View Post
    Can't.

    Maybe some day, but gun to their heads today, some large percentage of males would not be able to squat 340.
    I should have been more clear. No, I don't expect many untrained males to squat 340. I was thinking more of potential. I think 340 is a reasonably attainable goal for many men and women. Whether they're willing to put in the work to get there is the question.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    4

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mpalios View Post
    Did the coach on the right say she's started squatting 85lbs, added 20lbs of body weight, and is now squatting 340????

    Did I hear that correctly?
    Yes sir 😊 340 squat and 135 press are my biggest achievements.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Sep 2019
    Posts
    523

    Default

    My opinion only...

    Can't because they are not training to do so.
    Can't because a bunch aren't physically able to do so (too old? Too short? Maybe something else)
    Won't because they refuse to do the work. (answer for most men) or their focus is somewhere else (running, etc)

    Now for my own situation.... There is a chance that I will be able to squat 340 one day. I'm 46yo, been training consistently since 1/1/20. Started very weak, and have made lots of improvements. And it will take a LOT of work for me to get there (340). A lot. So, I may be a "won't", as referenced above.

    I hope she gets interviewed.

    I am in the strong minority, I know, but part of me is more impressed (that's not the right word... I can't think of it) with Nicole squatting 340 than the 405 press of Chase. And 495 press is incredible.

    Quote Originally Posted by Matt James View Post
    Can't, or won't? (that's not directed at you, specifically, just an observation).

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Feb 2018
    Posts
    119

    Default

    starting strength coach development program
    Quote Originally Posted by Matt James View Post
    I should have been more clear. No, I don't expect many untrained males to squat 340. I was thinking more of potential. I think 340 is a reasonably attainable goal for many men and women. Whether they're willing to put in the work to get there is the question.
    I am curious to know how far to the right of the bell curve a 340lbs squat is after, say, 3-6 months of training. I've always assumed it was within reach for most men, but I don't actually know.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •