starting strength gym
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Decision making for studies

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    Engineering teaches you mechanics, both statics and dynamics, which are integral for understanding the lifts.

These are second-year engineering courses. Any community college affiliated with a state tech college will offer them.

I had might as well toss in my education since it set me up do digest the Starting Strength content library except for the anatomy and biology stuff (which can be learned by grabbing a book).

-Local technical college diploma in mechanical engineering technology. It taught me about simple mechanics, physics, chemistry and how to optimize planning processes.
    -Military college ROTP program. I took history for my BA but the real value here was getting exposed to a lot of intense, prolonged evaluation stress, a grinding workload and leadership training.
    -Artillery officer trade training. This helped with developing obsessive attention to detail, focus under stress/fatigue, communication, problem solving and a physics & math refresher.

Formal education is, at times, overrated. Universities would have you believe learning doesn’t occur outside of their property and what you do learn is absolutely essential. I’ve also come to believe that formal education can inhibit thinking.

For example, just yesterday someone told me the the BMI scale is racist. And because this mental titan supposedly had a masters degree I should just go along with it.

There are plenty of good reasons to ‘get educated’ but make sure it’s on your terms and you get what you want, not what they want.

Quote Originally Posted by Ericw View Post
    For example, just yesterday someone told me the the BMI scale is racist. And because this mental titan supposedly had a masters degree I should just go along with it.
    Details? I need some details for this, the reasoning probably sounds hilarious.

Appreciate your help guys, thank you very much.

There’s an option of materials engineering with electives in biology, this could be interesting idea.

Great idea. Materials engineering is a great degree you'll be able to go a lot of places with. I would stay away from biomedical engineering if you want to keep your options more open.
    Starting Strength Indianapolis is up and running. Sign up for a free 30-minute coaching session.
    I answer all my emails: ALewis@StartingStrengthGyms.com

Quote Originally Posted by James Rodgers View Post
    Details? I need some details for this, the reasoning probably sounds hilarious.
    Fortunately there really aren’t any more details. I may have had to commit ritual suicide if there were.

starting strength coach development program
    Quote Originally Posted by AndrewLewis View Post
    Great idea. Materials engineering is a great degree you'll be able to go a lot of places with. I would stay away from biomedical engineering if you want to keep your options more open.
    Thank you for mention the biomedical option cause I was thinking that direction as well.

I’m aware of the point of view on physiotherapy on this website, but have looked on the Siyllabus of this degree and it’s very interesting topics there, I assume there is a physiotherapists that apply the starting strength method, what is your opinion on this option?

I know that I can probably get the knowledge from the books and by applying to the seminar but having a that degree in hand is important to your resume for many people I guess.

Thank you for the help.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12