starting strength gym

Thread: Derrick Henry’s Exercise Ball PU On Bands With Chains

Default Derrick Henry’s Exercise Ball PU On Bands With Chains

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    Can we please just discuss this tomfoolery? I read where one “expert” said he fully endorsed it because “for athletes at his level, simple exercises such as the squat and bench press just aren’t effective anymore.”

Link removed, he gets no clicks from here. It's a football player doing functional training. Use your imagination. - Editor

We discuss it all the time. You just haven't read the discussion. Start here: Strength Training, CrossFit, and “Functional Training” | Mark Rippetoe

When my girlfriend and I signed up at the local LA Fitness on Thursday, we got scheduled to do an "introductory workout" on Friday. I wanted no part of it, but it was supposed to be short and she was curious. We both regretted it. "Toe touches" on some kind of weird half balance ball dome thing, burpees with awkward hex dumbbells in my hands, and sidewalks crab walking type shit with a kettlebell held out in front. All it succeeded in doing was getting the heart rate up. At one point during the crab walk things she was asking "feel it in your hamstrings?" I didn't have the heart to tell her no. All it did was aggravate the knee tendonitis. The only real limiting factor to performance was how awkward the movements were. But afterwards I said to my girlfriend "now I know how professional athletes feel". Or at least how they SHOULD feel...embarrassed.

Quote Originally Posted by bighydo1979 View Post
    Can we please just discuss this tomfoolery? I read where one “expert” said he fully endorsed it because “for athletes at his level, simple exercises such as the squat and bench press just aren’t effective anymore.”

Link removed, he gets no clicks from here. It's a football player doing functional training. Use your imagination. - Editor
    My buddy sent me a link to the video on saturday, all impressed. To prove a point, I sent him a video doing this silly bulllshit, first attempt, but without a chain loaded on my cervical spine and then a second set with one foot in the air.

Literally done on the first attempt by an average lifter with average athleticism. How is this news?