starting strength gym

Thread: A Lie Agreed Upon Part 2 with Beth Stelzer | Starting Strength Radio #102

Default A Lie Agreed Upon Part 2 with Beth Stelzer | Starting Strength Radio #102

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    Mark Rippetoe is joined by Beth Stelzer from Save Women's Sports to discuss policy and legislation affecting girls' and women's sports.

Transcript & Resources

Really this is image is all the argument that need be made.
    Attached Images Attached Images

The Olympics already consists of countries whose political and cultural climates make them unlikely to agree to transwomen in women's sports. Without participation of countries with traditional cultures, such as those in Africa, and such as Russia, the Olympics would not be able to credibly claim to be an internationally representative competition.

I offer that observation without implying an opinion either way on trans participation.

Quote Originally Posted by CommanderFun View Post

Really this is image is all the argument that need be made.
    I really hope this doesn't take hold in the UK

Quote Originally Posted by Sib View Post
    I really hope this doesn't take hold in the UK
    I'm afraid that ship has sailed.

England rugby proposes height, weight limits for trans women | Reuters

Transgender inmates have carried out seven sex attacks on women in jail | Daily Mail Online

This stuff isn't going to age well. Give it a few years there will be a lot of court cases.

Quote Originally Posted by Publius View Post
    The Olympics already consists of countries whose political and cultural climates make them unlikely to agree to transwomen in women's sports. Without participation of countries with traditional cultures, such as those in Africa, and such as Russia, the Olympics would not be able to credibly claim to be an internationally representative competition.
    Uhh, have you heard the history of the "women" from East Germany? And you think that wasn't undertaken without the nod from the rooskies? Likewise, I seem to recall at least one recent African woman track athlete of questionable gender bona fides.

starting strength coach development program
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark E. Hurling View Post
    Uhh, have you heard the history of the "women" from East Germany? And you think that wasn't undertaken without the nod from the rooskies? Likewise, I seem to recall at least one recent African woman track athlete of questionable gender bona fides.
    Are you referring to Caster Semenya?

She's intersex, and has nothing to with trans people. This is what touched upon in the very first podcast I believe.

I think the Olympic committee's insistence on having her take hormones to be allowed to compete in the women's division is inhumane as shit and shows their ignorance with regards to the effects of the testosterone in the womb.

Anyway, Caster isn't the guy who likes winning so much he wants to compete against actual women in your local competitions. I think young men shying away from an actual challenge is as big a problem as the lie itself.

I'm very happy Beth has taken up the issue. Good luck.