starting strength gym
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Maintenance: When to Stop Trying to Train | Mark Rippetoe

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    Curious thing about those apostrophes, the spelling check on the site doesn't flag them with a wavy red line. So it never occurred to me that they were out of place. Maybe you might want to tweak that feature so as to call it out for the otherwise uninformed.

As to the second point, the info about using triples for us really old folks was something I had missed. I even went back to the Barbell Prescription and looked for any reference to it yesterday when I saw it. Perhaps I missed it in there too.

Hence I'll check with the authors of the Barbell Prescription on this subject. Who knows? My poundage total might improve.

So, Mr. Baker, Mr. Sullivan? Can either of you advise on this? I mean, I can easily just downsize the cycles to triples, doubles, and singles. But I figgered I'd check with those with wider experience in dealing with geezers. I just know about me.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark E. Hurling View Post
    Curious thing about those apostrophes, the spelling check on the site doesn't flag them with a wavy red line. So it never occurred to me that they were out of place. Maybe you might want to tweak that feature so as to call it out for the otherwise uninformed.

As to the second point, the info about using triples for us really old folks was something I had missed. I even went back to the Barbell Prescription and looked for any reference to it yesterday when I saw it. Perhaps I missed it in there too.

Hence I'll check with the authors of the Barbell Prescription on this subject. Who knows? My poundage total might improve.

So, Mr. Baker, Mr. Sullivan? Can either of you advise on this? I mean, I can easily just downsize the cycles to triples, doubles, and singles. But I figgered I'd check with those with wider experience in dealing with geezers. I just know about me.
    It is for Andy to speak to the TSFOSB regime; he uses that approach and wrote it up for the book. I haven't played with it very much. I can only confirm that the older clients get (and the older I get) the more I rely on singles, doubles and triples for the medium-heavy sets. I do fives, but at low-ish weights and only at certain points in my program. Individualization is the hallmark of post-novice Masters programming.

starting strength coach development program
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark E. Hurling View Post
    You didn't learn what apostrophes are for in grammar school? Bullshit. It's not the job of software to teach English. Satch is right about you, on point as usual.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345