starting strength gym

Thread: Quadriceps and erector muscle imbalance

Default Quadriceps and erector muscle imbalance

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    Hi,

I noticed that my left quadriceps muscle is bigger (circumference +1-2cm) than my right one and my left erector spinae is also slightly bigger than the right one.

There is no leg length discrepancy.
    I think the reason is my right meniscus where I had a small tear once, which does not make any problems, except that I might have unconsciously used my right leg less than my left leg..

Do I have to worry about this, as long as I do not have pain and make progress in my big lifts and would you recommend I change anything or is there hope that it will just even out on its own?
    (Still doing the NLP)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Clemens View Post
    I noticed that my left quadriceps muscle is bigger (circumference +1-2cm) than my right one and my left erector spinae is also slightly bigger than the right one.
    You're normal.

There is no perfect symmetry in form or function. Ever look at facial halves mirrored (left half face + mirror image of left half face vs mirror image of right half face + right half face eg Here's What Faces Would Look Like If They Were Perfectly Symmetrical)? Your rubbery bits aren't symmetrical, nor are your bones or muscles. No boobs are perfect matches. Or ears. On tope of this, consider that you have a dominant eye, dominant hand, dominant leg. One hand holds the jar, the other opens the jar. You probably do this the same way nearly all of the time.

Barbell training with both sides -- squat, press, deadlift, clean, press -- forces both sides to work together and pushes them toward symmetry.

Thank you. I'll just continue training then.