starting strength gym

Thread: The Ideal Image of a Woman | Inna Koppel

Default The Ideal Image of a Woman | Inna Koppel

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    Modernity has brought with it a celebration of female frailty, together with a host of nervous and physical ailments. We would all do well to re-imagine what is ideal in femininity and so reclaim our ancient belief in the intrinsic value of strength.

Read article

Quote Originally Posted by stef View Post
    Modernity has brought with it a celebration of female frailty, together with a host of nervous and physical ailments. We would all do well to re-imagine what is ideal in femininity and so reclaim our ancient belief in the intrinsic value of strength.

Read article
    Order Poster - Art Renewal Center My ideal woman. Fully clothed, no smut. Beautiful, regal, strong and heroic.

Inna, I have already sent this to my mid 50’s sarcopenic sister. Not holding my breath, but experience like this from a woman can only help.
    But there is hope. My wife and teenage daughter train with me at home.

I always share Inna’s articles with my daughters (15, 16, 20). They appreciate it.

Truth. Good read.

Quote Originally Posted by Nockian View Post
    Order Poster - Art Renewal Center My ideal woman. Fully clothed, no smut. Beautiful, regal, strong and heroic.
    As a Jew, I have to agree with your taste in women. Here's a more historically specific painting of the subject of your suggestion. Some may call it "over the top".

Quote Originally Posted by JFord View Post
    As a Jew, I have to agree with your taste in women. Here's a more historically specific painting of the subject of your suggestion. Some may call it "over the top".
    I would call it "jus the top".

Default Excellent

I think that Inna's final point is encouraging: participate in barbell training to role model for others and effect change in this image-obsessed industry that prioritizes clavicles and pelvic spines poking out. Women at my gym favor goblet squats and single-joint machines. When they admire my strength, and I talk about how easily they can acquire it, they right away dismiss me, saying, "oh no no, I don't want to get bulky." The men stopped giving me advice and began looking at me differently once my numbers went up, but I think it's the strict gender roles and paternalism of my region that will keep the status quo until more women lift like I do.

starting strength coach development program
    I have daughters your ages, too. Good for you for sharing Inna's articles with them and exposing them to healthy body attitudes, normalizing strength as beauty. 🤗