starting strength gym

Thread: The Case for the SS Method during Initial Military Occupational Training | Rodgers

Default The Case for the SS Method during Initial Military Occupational Training | Rodgers

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    The general decline in physical and mental resilience among youth has created a problem for the Army’s ability to conduct training in a manner that prepares young soldiers and officers for the physical rigors of military service. Every other aspect of soldier and officer training is rigorously designed, evaluated, and standardized – except for their physical preparation.

Read article

As a truck driver, I make deliveries to an Army base twice a week or more. I am now 60 years old and have been running this route for nearly 5 years. I have probably been to most buildings/units on post and have talked with and interacted with lots of young soldiers. Your article is spot on; the lack of physicality among our young military people is deplorable. Even the ones who routinely lift weights lack the toughness to participate in things that would disrupt their comfort zone. What do I mean? No PT when it’s raining...or too cold...or too hot. Officers are not allowed to enforce any discipline, especially towards any groups that the military has decided they need quotas of. I was carrying some tables into a building one day, these weigh 85 pounds and I had already brought 3 in by myself when a young soldier came out to help me. I told him to grab one end and he could barely lift it.....

The key is being able to improve their resilience without crushing them and creating a bunch of broken troops and the NLP is a suitable tool for that.

Quote Originally Posted by Old guy Wayne 57 View Post
    As a truck driver, I make deliveries to an Army base twice a week or more. I am now 60 years old and have been running this route for nearly 5 years. I have probably been to most buildings/units on post and have talked with and interacted with lots of young soldiers. Your article is spot on; the lack of physicality among our young military people is deplorable. Even the ones who routinely lift weights lack the toughness to participate in things that would disrupt their comfort zone. What do I mean? No PT when it’s raining...or too cold...or too hot. Officers are not allowed to enforce any discipline, especially towards any groups that the military has decided they need quotas of. I was carrying some tables into a building one day, these weigh 85 pounds and I had already brought 3 in by myself when a young soldier came out to help me. I told him to grab one end and he could barely lift it.....
    Not questioning any of that.

But, from a distance, I hear different about young Marines. Various (ad hoc?) disciplinary measures and challenges have little to do with safety or comfort. It’s up to you to figure out how to come out on the other side without injury. The expectation is often “as fast as possible”, “as hard as possible”, or both, Now.