starting strength gym
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Novice Incorporating SS Principles Into Current Practice

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    Quote Originally Posted by AndrewLewis View Post
    How did you get good at what you do currently?

It might be time to sign up for a seminar if you've already read the book.
    That's a hard question to answer in a sound bite, but as for the point you're trying to infer - partially under the guidance of others who knew what they were doing.

Quote Originally Posted by jcockerham View Post
    It's more of a practical and ethical question. I am being paid by individuals to provide a product - not to use them as a guinea pig for my learning pleasure. I can see one making the argument that an apprenticeship essentially does this - but this is different than being out on an island of self-teaching. It would be nice if there were more information for us that are trying this on our own.
    I've told blacksmiths that want to know how I did something that is not in the realm of common knowledge “knowledge has value, how much are you willing to pay?” None have ever paid, they think I should give it to them for free, never mind the act of giving takes time and effort, time and effort that they're not willing to pay for. Hopefully, I didn't just describe you. If you want to coach SS, then take the class.

I think the next step is signing up for a seminar. Is there any information on next years’ potential seminar scheduled? Are they only held in Wichita Falls?

Likewise, he wants us to come to him, instead of him coming to us.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Rippetoe View Post
    Likewise, he wants us to come to him, instead of him coming to us.
    Why infer that? I am getting married this year and have already used up all my vacation days. I'd like to plan for one early next year, and wanted to know what was available to me. Wichita Falls Texas is where I've looked at for travel arrangements so I want to make sure that my plans will be valid. Thanks.

As of now -- and this may change depending on demand -- we hold one every other month in Wichita Falls. We may add more dates, but there are no plans to travel to other gyms for the Seminar. So, June/August/October/December for 2021, and this may expend to 8 weekends in 2022. Plan to come to WF.

starting strength coach development program
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark Rippetoe View Post
    As of now -- and this may change depending on demand -- we hold one every other month in Wichita Falls. We may add more dates, but there are no plans to travel to other gyms for the Seminar. So, June/August/October/December for 2021, and this may expend to 8 weekends in 2022. Plan to come to WF.
    See you in October, will reserve my spot tonight. Really excited to learn.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12