starting strength gym

Thread: Lower Back Fatigue

Default Lower Back Fatigue

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    You saw my post about a week ago about reducing my heavy training frequency to twice a week, Tuesday and Saturday. Well, this past week was especially difficult on my posterior chain. Heavy squat, heavy BP, and heavy DL on Tuesday. Surprise Army Combat Fitness Test on Wednesday and yesterday I took my Medics on a short one hour ruck with a 35lb ruck but with four people carrying a 200lb litter. I am feeling a lot of fatigue in my lower back. Tomorrow I am scheduled to do heavy squat, heavy press and heavy DL. How can I modify this so as to not blow out my lower back but also not detrain as I'm already low frequency for intensity days?

Without knowing any detail, the general options you have without missing a day are to either eat more and try to hit your numbers anyway or if you absolutely can't do the workout hit the weight and lower the volume. Warm up and see how it goes then decide.

Heavy training twice a week isn't likely to lead to a whole lot of detraining. If you've overdone it this week, with the fitness test and the road march, get some recovery. Your training log won't lie to you--over time, you will still be making progress or you won't be.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Le Comte View Post
    Without knowing any detail, the general options you have without missing a day are to either eat more and try to hit your numbers anyway or if you absolutely can't do the workout hit the weight and lower the volume. Warm up and see how it goes then decide.
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by David Sanders View Post
    Thanks
    How did the workout go?

starting strength coach development program
    Took extra recovery. I'll pick back up on Tuesday.