starting strength gym

Thread: Advice ?

Default Advice ?

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    Hello good people of SS community,
    I'm 21 yr old , 6'3 male currently weighing 78kg (lost 15 kg since last year) and still losing . I'm to join my country's military academy in July of 2022 and the acceptable weight according to my height according to their guidelines is 72 Kg (with a wiggle room of +/-10%) .I'm about to start the novice linear programming for the first time in the upcoming months , any tips on how should i periodize my diet and training so that i can be strong but also make the required weight . I'm sick and tired of being tall and weak , idgaf about abs i just want to be as strong as i can in this time period but also make the required weight .
    Current 1 RMs : S-75Kg B-67.5Kg DL-100Kg OHP-45Kg
    Any help will be appreciated , Thank You !

What country do you live in that your military wants their recruits to weigh a maximum of 174lb at a height of 6'3"? Am I missing something?
    Starting Strength Indianapolis is up and running. Sign up for a free 30-minute coaching session.
    I answer all my emails: ALewis@StartingStrengthGyms.com

India boss

the last time I weighed 72 kg was in my sophmore year in high school, at a height of 5'8. Are you trying to serve in an anorexic army?

72 kg at your height is MINIMUM weight for you to get accepted to the academy. It is obvious that if you weigh less, there is something seriously wrong with your mental and physical health. They don't want to give a gun to those poeople.

Start eating.

I don't know how to actually give a helpful answer to this. If your military wants you 6'3" and 174 pounds then your military wants you underweight and not strong. You could try and do some barbell training while continuing to lose weight, but you're not going to get much out of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Szymon View Post
    Well done Szymon.

Alright, Big Chungus. Time to gain some weight and become a real big Chungus. Problem solved. Have fun.
    Starting Strength Indianapolis is up and running. Sign up for a free 30-minute coaching session.
    I answer all my emails: ALewis@StartingStrengthGyms.com

Quote Originally Posted by Szymon View Post
    Does the Indian Army accept recruits who cannot read?

starting strength coach development program
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark Rippetoe View Post
    Does the Indian Army accept recruits who cannot read?
    I have no idea. Sometimes requirements can be written in a confusing way but it seemed to me suspicious that Indian Army wants their recruits to massivly underperform in every single aspect. 6'3 soldier should be 220-240 lbs killing machine- just my opinion