starting strength gym
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Why does nothing work for me ?

Default Why does nothing work for me ?

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    I've at this point been lifting for almost 4 years, and have been doing the NLP throughout.

It took me almost 3 years of grinding just to bench 1 plate and squat 2. I still can't deadlift 3 plates. Not even for 1 rep.

I tried all the most common advice; namely to eat more.
    I spent a year eating 3000 calories with >200g of protein every day and managed to put 20 lbs.....on my waist line.

My bench went up from 135 lbs to a whopping 155lbs.

i'm now medically overweight and almost 25% bodyfat and have been warned to stop eating high fat food because my cholesterol is through the roof from eating red meat, whole milk and eggs everyday.

I know people get mixed results from lifting because of genetics etc.

But....really ?

What could I possibly be doing so wrong that my body refuses to gain barely any strength whatsoever ?

I've basically become a running joke in my gym at this point.

My bloodwork shows my testosterone is well within the normal range.

Quote Originally Posted by tmuscat95 View Post
    I've basically become a running joke in my gym at this point.
    Troll, this shit never happens. People are most disposed to mind their own business and get their workout done at gyms, except for maybe somewhere like a high school weight room.

You must have a lifting disability. You should start using fake plates and then you won't feel so bad.

“ 4 years, and have been doing the NLP throughout.”

You weren’t making further progress-if you were actually following the programme- so you should have moved on to intermediate if that’s the sum total of your strength gains. No one does NLP for 4 years dude.

Should I feel bad about how long it took me to deadlift three plates--the answer is yes, but I've got a lot of excuses!

If you bench 155, squat over 225 and deadlift between 225 and 315, that's not insignificant and, depending on your age, height, weight and natural athleticism, may even be not half bad. Consider sharing your age, height, weight and actual lifting numbers. Consider sharing some videos--you may need coaching.
    Last edited by J. Killmond; 07-25-2021 at 09:46 PM. Reason: typo

Sounds like you are still masturbating too much. You’ll never deadlift over three plates until you’ve stopped masturbating for about a year. Forearm strength, etc.

If it reads like bullshit, it probably is. Guy was 21 in April '17 then jumped ahead to 25 by July '20! Amazing. Can't crack strength training but he has time travel licked.

Quote Originally Posted by William MG View Post
    If it reads like bullshit, it probably is. Guy was 21 in April '17 then jumped ahead to 25 by July '20! Amazing. Can't crack strength training but he has time travel licked.
    Well, if he birthday was in May (or later in april than post saying he was 21) or June (or earlier in July that post saying he was 25) that would work.
    2017 april is 21, turns 22 in May or June
    2018 turns 23
    2019 turns 24
    2020 turns 25 before July

starting strength coach development program
    Quote Originally Posted by William MG View Post
    3 years and 3 months seems to be enough time to get 4 birthdays in.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast