starting strength gym

Thread: Starting the Linear Program with herniated disc?

Default Starting the Linear Program with herniated disc?

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    I want to start lifting as a way to rehab my herniated disc. After quite a bit of searching quite a few total recovery stories involved lifting weights, particularly starting strength. I feel discomfort when I squat and pull but I can still do the movements for phase one. I was hoping for some advice from others with back issues prior to starting or who have come back to lifting after having back issues.

Which disc is herniated?

No idea. Self diagnosis through being told by people with herniated discs it sounds identical to their own. I live in a "universal healthcare" country and after horrific experiences I just don't go to the hospital anymore.
    I know people who've had the wrong operations done, who were told to do nothing about things until they had crippling arthritis in their 30s and in the most negligent example, someone who sliced their wrist open through depression and was sent home with 5 strong sedatives. I know ill likely get chewed out for the self diagnosis, but I would rather just snap my spine and die in the middle of the road than even try and get help at the hospital. Plus the current post lockdown waiting times are so crazy Id need to go private for any quick help and it is too expensive. Took them 4 trips to hospital to diagnose an obvious hernia a decade ago. If I go in with a bad back I know I would come out with an amputated leg.