starting strength gym

Thread: “Physical Work Will Be a Choice” - Elon Musk

Default “Physical Work Will Be a Choice” - Elon Musk

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    Rip, one of the most important things I learned from you is what you wrote in the forward to SS 3rd Edition, how humans are not normal in the absence of hard physical effort. Your reference to how the division of labor affected us as a species stayed with me, I try to seek out (not only in the gym) hard things to do physically as a result of what you wrote. I always thought the forward as the “Why” and the chapters on the mechanics of the lifts as the ‘How”, and that compliance to the program is correlated with understanding the Why as described in the forward.

Well, it may be getting even worse. Now more people can sit on their ass all day as Elon Musk with his usual hype declares physical work will be a choice when his robot is developed. Disregarding the hyperbole, I don’t think any of this is good . What the hell is wrong with some back breaking work now and then?

Elon Musk unveils humanoid 'Tesla bot'

The article hit me because I am currently sidelined from training and doing anything physical due to an ongoing medical treatment (not training related, just typical medical age crap) but should be back in two months. One month in of sitting around and lying down is brutal and it is the mental part that is the worst. The ability to be active, the all important ability to exert force against an external object is something to be treasured and never taken for granted. But what do I know, he is Elon Musk.

If you love physical work, do it. I like it too, what I don’t like about it is the fat lazy bastard who’s ass I have to kiss to do it.

If Elon has a solution to that, I’m all ears. I’ll still be out in the bush with my dog and my chainsaw, bringing home firewood, or shooting animals for food in the fall.

Physical work is already a choice.

My theory is that the Teslabot will just replace Amazon's warehouse workforce.

Quote Originally Posted by James Rodgers View Post
    Physical work is already a choice.

I recently tried to get warehouse work and it was bizarrely difficult to even get a callback. The only place I never applied was an amazon warehouse, because I would probably lose my mind and beat one of their supervisors to death working at one of those. So I guess it's no great loss them staffing the things with robots, since they don't seem to care to staff them with people who can pick up heavy objects off the ground with no complaints.

Quote Originally Posted by James Rodgers View Post
    They don’t need a muskbot for that, autonomous warehouse robots are (small forklifts with a brain really) are getting pretty good start up money. This is probably just the first step towards robot girlfriends amirite?

Quote Originally Posted by Jovan Dragisic View Post
    This is probably just the first step towards robot girlfriends amirite?
    If you are talking about robot girlfriends that avoid gossip and don't get mad at everything, where can I get one? Or two?

Quote Originally Posted by EdTice View Post
    If you are talking about robot girlfriends that avoid gossip and don't get mad at everything, where can I get one? Or two?
    In order to be realistic, the robot girlfriend will be programmed to tell it's robot girlfriends what a jerk you are so they can give life advice based on one sided information, which your robot girlfriend will undoubtedly take to heart.

starting strength coach development program
    Quote Originally Posted by dalan View Post
    In order to be realistic, the robot girlfriend will be programmed to tell it's robot girlfriends what a jerk you are so they can give life advice based on one sided information, which your robot girlfriend will undoubtedly take to heart.
    I'm thinking that the robot girlfriend should learn this on its own without being programmed, this would prove the strong AI theory conclusively.