starting strength gym

Thread: Training with Chronic Injuries: A Case Study | Alex Pisanello & John Petrizzo

Default Training with Chronic Injuries: A Case Study | Alex Pisanello & John Petrizzo

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    My name is Alex Pisanello and I am a 35-year-old service-connected veteran. Over the course of my time in the military, I served in a variety of combat operations including several deployments and suffered numerous permanent injuries as a result...Traditional physical therapy failed to alleviate painful symptoms, restore strength and optimize my ability to function.

Read article

Do you face any issues in prescribing SS to your patients from colleagues/the practices you work for? Is it something you have to justify to other PT's/your bosses or is it something you just tell your patients to do under the guise of "lifestyle management" or "exercise education"? I'm in the middle of graduating as a physio and it's something that's on my mind.

Quote Originally Posted by Subby View Post
    Do you face any issues in prescribing SS to your patients from colleagues/the practices you work for? Is it something you have to justify to other PT's/your bosses or is it something you just tell your patients to do under the guise of "lifestyle management" or "exercise education"? I'm in the middle of graduating as a physio and it's something that's on my mind.
    Thanks for your question. This really depends on the practice that you work in. For example, my clinic pretty much gives me free rein when it comes to how I treat, but I realize from talking to other PTs that is not the norm. Alex will probably have some good insight on this topic as he has successfully implemented the SS system into his rehab approach at two different clinics over the past year and I am sure he would be willing to share some of his experiences in doing so. I will make sure to pass your question along to him.