starting strength gym
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Poop on hands

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    I would recommend the life-changing purchase of a bidet. The add-on type can be had for less than $50 and install easily. Will literally wash your troubles away.

Well apparently this is a less common issue than I expected. I've got a lot to think about.

Quote Originally Posted by Shiva Kaul View Post
    Rip, it seems your two-factor model is taking hold in that other kind of training - of statistical algorithms upon data.

It is now recognized that, for a given domain of data (e.g. visual images), that an algorithm's behavior consists of a task-independent part (e.g. discerning the objects in an image) and task-specific part (e.g. answering whether a pictured squat is to depth or not). Training the first part (in the parlance, "pretraining" or "self-supervised learning") is very time consuming. The second part ("fine-tuning") is less taxing, but does require examples of the input-output behavior to be mimicked ("supervision").

This bifurcation arose from practical considerations: there are only a handful of organizations with the computational resources to perform the first step, and there is limited "supervision" to guide the second step. But now, some researchers think there's something more fundamental about the split.

In short, the modern practice of artificial intelligence / machine learning has technical analogues to strength (which improves all downstream tasks) and independently-performed strength training - even though the training of organisms and the training of algorithms are seemingly unrelated. And yes, I'm posting in this thread, which needs serious help.
    I think this is primarily about the “training” v. “test” datasets. And there is indeed a bifurcation between the two.

Ryan’s parents did the heavy lifting during his potty training phase, yet he now finds the test of modern hygiene standards challenging.

Perhaps an SRA cycle is in order. Thankfully for Ryan, it will be unsupervised learning.

(ML is just a giant interpolation problem, and Ryan’s fat ass exceeds the original bounds of the training set. Parents’ divine intentions notwithstanding. )

Shiva’s fault.

Quote Originally Posted by Rob Plano View Post
    I would recommend the life-changing purchase of a bidet. The add-on type can be had for less than $50 and install easily. Will literally wash your troubles away.
    This is the correct answer.

At least you brought it up on a forum rather than a seminar

At a seminar, only 40 people would have heard it.

Quote Originally Posted by VNV View Post
    I think this is primarily about the “training” v. “test” datasets. And there is indeed a bifurcation between the two.
    No, that’s different. Before seeing any test data, the preparation of large models is now split into two phases, akin to Rip’s “training” and “practice”. Amusingly, in an introduction to this methodology, the first phase is said to be “like weight training” - skip to 5:23.

Quote Originally Posted by Shiva Kaul View Post
    No, that’s different. Before seeing any test data, the preparation of large models is now split into two phases, akin to Rip’s “training” and “practice”. Amusingly, in an introduction to this methodology, the first phase is said to be “like weight training” - skip to 5:23.
    Ok.

I see him. Surely he’s a hi-rep guy.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryan DCNT View Post
    So, when I was sub-250lbs, I never, ever got poop on my hands. Then once I hit 250 I got poop on my hands maybe once a week. Now at 280 I get poop on my hands almost every time I use the restroom, and I was just wondering if any other larger guys experienced this? I assume it's due to a lack or mobility combined with additional trunk/torso girth, rendering me less effective in the wiping situation.
    I'm pretty sure that this is a trolling. I'm pretty concerned that I might be wrong.

starting strength coach development program
    maybe there's no paper under the bridge where trolls live

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12