starting strength gym

Thread: Regression

Default Regression

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    Background
    I considered back off sets too early when my squat was at 215 I was stuck at 225 for a while only getting 1 rep and sometimes none, so I did a reset switched from high-bar too low bar squats.

I did 210 for 5 low bar then didn’t take a rest day and did 215 for 5 cuz I was mad at something. Then jumped to 225 the next training day and got 5.

Regression
    I got no reps with 230, I decided volume was t he probes and was now gonna do sets across so I went down to 215 and got 3 reps and was feeling hip pain, went down to 205 next training day and got 3 reps, took a couple days off and went back to 205 and got 0 reps.

My question is what to do now and as 225 is way to low of a wight to be regressing at?

Stats
    Squat 225x5 max I’ve done
    Bench 170x3x5
    Press 120x3x5
    Deadlift 255x5
    BW: 160 (work in progress)

Additional info
    I’ve been doing staring strength every other day, because it’s more convenient for me

My deadlift is stuck too

I’ve lost about 2 pounds but on my way to fix that as I’ve upped by calories

The reason is do ss every other day is cuz I have P.E every other day and that’s some amount of condition, the day before I got 0 reps with 205 I had soccer and ran around quite a bit.

OP, I recommend you try the SS Novice program and get a SS coach.

Fixed it by aiding out my stance, pushing my knees out and not cocking my wrist back