starting strength gym

Thread: Highschool athlete starting with this program

Default Highschool athlete starting with this program

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    hello all,

Highschool athlete, taught to look at the sky during squats and press. And still breaking the habit.

I haven't worked out in roughly 6-7 years since starting work. (25M, 220LBS, 6'2'')

I am mainly body fat i assume. I have worked on the pipeline in west and south-east Texas for the past 5 years and have the "wrench muscle" but hitting the gym made me realize how weak i have gotten. The gas station food and Whataburger have treated me poorly. I have been on a "diet" the past 3 weeks consisting of 200gs of protein and keeping around 2700 calories and i have lost a couple pounds. I have a high water intake and have dropped to zero alcohol intake. I plan on starting the program and upping my calories to 3500 starting October 4th. Can I expect a "recomp" or a total mass increase? I have before pics and they're depressing to me. I assume this is a wasteful post and I'm okay with it being taking down. What can i expect from starting from the bar up to 6 months from now?

You haven't read the book. Read the book.

If you read the book follow the training exactly as recommended your body composition will change radically.
    At your age this is the time to get serious about who you want to be.

Don’t worry about 6 months weight training requires a dogmatic approach where you look years out.

The good news it will work and does work every single time for every person that puts in the effort

Nothing that comes easily is worthwhile

Get the book look forward years even decades make it a lifetime habit

I’m turning 70 been lifting since the 70s I’m way stronger than most guys half my age

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Rippetoe View Post
    You haven't read the book. Read the book.
    and all your dreams will come true

Quote Originally Posted by Swish666 View Post
    What can i expect from starting from the bar up to 6 months from now?
    You can expect to be stronger than now, physically and mentally, and be thus more useful.