starting strength gym
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Does my body tell me it doesn't like Strength Training?

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    It's not unusual for BP to be slightly elevated after training. Part of the perfusion/recovery process. If you're serious, read the book, start eating, and do the program.

Quote Originally Posted by vk60187 View Post
    I sent a link to the imgur account. All of the videos are from today
    Buying lifting shoes and reading the book will help you a lot. You will be much happier and in a better position to help yourself if you do so.

You're concerned and trying to use intuition to address the concerns, but intuition is frequently wrong.
    Last edited by AndrewLewis; 10-16-2021 at 08:24 PM.
    Starting Strength Indianapolis is up and running. Sign up for a free 30-minute coaching session.
    I answer all my emails: ALewis@StartingStrengthGyms.com

I'd say the simplest response is your body DOESN'T like strength training. That's why it feels the need to adapt to it, because it doesn't like it. Never mind all the other weirdness of the OP.

You do not have any physical reasons that you cannot squat. Your stance is too wide, your toes are not turned out enough and thus you are not getting depth. You are also not taking a big breath and holding it in the bottom. The weight is too heavy as you are unable to get to depth. You must get to depth. Read the book in depth and try and implement, or we can help you live online over zoom if you do not live close to a coach. But you need some coaching. There is nothing wrong with your build/body.

Just to reiterate the theme that others have hit on, your body isn't rejecting strength training but there are some changes you can make to your diet and form to improve how you feel. A few reasons people thought you were a troll making this up were:

-your comments on blood pressure, when it's pretty obvious blood pressure will rise after a workout
    -your bodyweight goal is not conducive to strength training. If you want to have muscle, 6'6 200 won't get it done
    -distance running not getting your blood pressure up is because it wasn't a workout for your body

All of this information has been reiterated countless times throughout the forum. Buy the book, read through it and you'll be rewarded.

Quote Originally Posted by JJ23 View Post
    Just to reiterate the theme that others have hit on, your body isn't rejecting strength training but there are some changes you can make to your diet and form to improve how you feel. A few reasons people thought you were a troll making this up were:

-your comments on blood pressure, when it's pretty obvious blood pressure will rise after a workout
    -your bodyweight goal is not conducive to strength training. If you want to have muscle, 6'6 200 won't get it done
    -distance running not getting your blood pressure up is because it wasn't a workout for your body

All of this information has been reiterated countless times throughout the forum. Buy the book, read through it and you'll be rewarded.
    I appreciate all of the responses. Believe me it’s very frustrating having hypertension even as I’m trying everything I can to get it down. And, btw, frustration doesn’t help BP. I think the reason for lower BP after jogs is it forces my breathing into a pattern that helps me relax and stay relaxed. I’m sure if I could figure out to relax quickly, I would not need to run. FYI, I run breathing strictly through my nose, in and out.

Quote Originally Posted by vk60187 View Post
    FYI, I run breathing strictly through my nose, in and out.
    Troll. Has to be. Nobody is this stupid.

I'd love to know how all these fucking weirdos find their way here.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryan DCNT View Post
    I'd love to know how all these fucking weirdos find their way here.
    There's this thing called the internet that allows mass instantaneous communication between individuals with effectively no barrier to entry.

starting strength coach development program
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark Rippetoe View Post
    Troll. Has to be. Nobody is this stupid.
    I don’t see an option to delete my account. Please delete.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast