starting strength gym

Thread: Choosing Your Warm up Weights | JD Shipley

Default Choosing Your Warm up Weights | JD Shipley

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    Starting Strength Coach JD Shipley teaches you the proper way to warm up.

Thank you for this video. It helped me immensely. I have read the other SS articles on warming up, and have been doing 5 warm-up sets with the jumps divided evenly. I tend to be overly exact, so if an evenly divided jump required the inclusion of 2.5 lbs on each side, I did that. It was great to hear the simple suggestion to skip the “change plates”. It saved me some time, which as an older lifter with kids, I have very little to spare, both day to day and in my lifting “career” ahead of me as well. Thank you!

I also noticed that knocking down to 3 warm-up sets instead of 5 on the deadlift helped me to have more energy for the work set of 5 reps.

Quote Originally Posted by DAK View Post
    I also noticed that knocking down to 3 warm-up sets instead of 5 on the deadlift helped me to have more energy for the work set of 5 reps.
    Crazy. Insane. Wish I'd thought of it.

Hi Rip. I take it you are making fun of me. Is it because I missed that information regarding reducing deadlift warm up sets from an earlier article or the books? Or is it because my post stating that I noticed I had more energy for the deadlift work set after dropping to 3 warm up sets came across as if I were reporting a newly discovered observation? If it’s the latter, I did not intend to sound like I had a new observation to report. I was just trying to communicate that my experience lined up with what JD Shipley talked about in the video.