starting strength gym

Thread: What to do until sleep study appoitment?

Default What to do until sleep study appoitment?

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    I have a sleep study appoitment next week, for figuring out if I got the sleep apnea(cause this shit probebly showed up 3 years ago and I always thought to my self why there are days when even "slept" 8 hours I feel tired the next day and my motivation feels like crap). Seriously, there are days I am wakeing up and just drop my head down the second time cause I don't get that high quality sleep I so desparate for, For almost 3 years. Even when I was 72KG of BW, I had it, and it was because my jaws did'nt grew at all and I had it fixed 3 years ago, but until it was done, the surgeon for some reason even not recommanded me to go do a sleep study back then to see if I really had it(I knew I had and needed to pull my head out of my ass and go do a chack myself).
    Lately, again I started to feel those days when I got to bed at 00:00-8:30 in the morning, I wake up tired as hell and feeling that I have no will or power to go lift or train(but I still going and the training feels very awuful). My weight now is 118kg BW and I am eating around 3800 calories. I am on the 4 day split and recovery from volume day started to suck, because lack of high quality sleep.
    What should I do until I am getting the cpap? Should I ease on training a bit and after I will get the cpap and sleep better again I will up the dose accordingly?

Oxymetazoline in your nose before you go to sleep. We've talked about this before.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Rippetoe View Post
    Oxymetazoline in your nose before you go to sleep. We've talked about this before.
    I am using AVAMYS nasal spray with steroids in it, it keeping my nose open, but still my jaw muscle relexes and I am sleeping with open mouth and breeding throught it.

Quote Originally Posted by ZeevOl View Post
    I am using AVAMYS nasal spray with steroids in it, it keeping my nose open, but still my jaw muscle relexes and I am sleeping with open mouth and breeding throught it.
    You can try taping your mouth shut with a piece of surgical tape. I'm not joking, this is a thing. I have sleep apnea, use a CPAP now, and I do this.

I also use a boil-and-fit mouthguard. I use it partly because I grind my teeth. But the one I use is also designed to reduce snoring, by holding the lower jaw a little bit forward, creating a little more space at the back of the throat. I started using this years before I got diagnosed with apnea and got a CPAP. It improved the quality of my sleep somewhat; you might try it as a stopgap until you get your machine. The brand I use is called SleepTight.

I hope the CPAP works for you. I think you'll love it. It's made a huge difference for me. Hang in there if the first mask you try doesn't work for you. I've had to go through a few different variations. Definitely worth the trouble. Make sure you understand how the mask and all the connections work before you go home with it, you don't want to be trying to figure that out at bedtime when you are exhausted.

Breeding through your mouth. Interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by Grant Broggi View Post
    Breeding through your mouth. Interesting.
    Yep, I had an upper and lower jaw surgery 4 years ago, cause my jaws didn't grew properly, and beside the asthetic thing that came with this shit, I had always slept with my mouth open...
    After the surgery, I still cant control it during the night.
    Is there a way to get a cpap without waiting to the sleep study results? Cause I just can't wait anymore. This apnea thing ruining my whole training and life recently. I feel fatigued and my mood is in a crap state. I EAT 4000 CALS a day every day(counting calories), and still arriving to the training session beaten up and just don't have energy to complete the workout or failing the worksets entiarly.

Quote Originally Posted by tompaynter View Post
    You can try taping your mouth shut with a piece of surgical tape. I'm not joking, this is a thing. I have sleep apnea, use a CPAP now, and I do this.

I also use a boil-and-fit mouthguard. I use it partly because I grind my teeth. But the one I use is also designed to reduce snoring, by holding the lower jaw a little bit forward, creating a little more space at the back of the throat. I started using this years before I got diagnosed with apnea and got a CPAP. It improved the quality of my sleep somewhat; you might try it as a stopgap until you get your machine. The brand I use is called SleepTight.

I hope the CPAP works for you. I think you'll love it. It's made a huge difference for me. Hang in there if the first mask you try doesn't work for you. I've had to go through a few different variations. Definitely worth the trouble. Make sure you understand how the mask and all the connections work before you go home with it, you don't want to be trying to figure that out at bedtime when you are exhausted.
    Believe me, I am ready to sleep with this mask until I will die if I need to. Putting it on vs feeling like a useless crap all the time I prefere to put the mask on and suck in all the uncomfortablness that it will provide and just sleep like a normal human do.

Hang in there man!

If I read this right, you now have less than a week to go before the sleep study.

The last few days of waiting must be frustrating, but just think about how much this will improve your daily life. After that, your sleep apnea will be in the "rear view mirror", and it will become more and more of a distant memory as time passes.

I have been using a CPAP now for two years, and it has been wonderful. I wish you the best of luck.

I´ve started to use it because I was having apnea syptoms and it worked wonderfull. I also read your recommendation about using vitamin C for the reflux and it relieved me a lot. Rip, you are better than my doctor. LOL.

Quote Originally Posted by ZeevOl View Post
    I need to met a doctor specializing in sleep. Your problem can be DANGEROUS.

Quote Originally Posted by SouthernLifter View Post
    I´ve started to use it because I was having apnea syptoms and it worked wonderfull. I also read your recommendation about using vitamin C for the reflux and it relieved me a lot. Rip, you are better than my doctor. LOL.

I need to met a doctor specializing in sleep. Your problem can be DANGEROUS.
    Sorry, YOU need. I am fatal at writing english.

starting strength coach development program
    I got the sleep study results 2 weeks ago, have moderate apnea(23-30 events per hour at night) and fucking suffered from it for 3 years. Coffee was my best friend to make the tiredness go away and I managed to get my deadlift to 182.5kg for 3x2. It was a walk in the hell experiance and I gled its over. I got the cpap and just needed one night with it to being alive again.