starting strength gym

Thread: Training on Christmas day

Default Training on Christmas day

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    So I was just planning my affairs for over the next few months and realised xmas day falls on a Saturday, a day I usually train. I was about to mentally prepare to skip a day then thought - why? After the kids presents and lunch and a nap on the sofa, why can’t I just drive to the gym and do my scheduled workout? And the more I thought about it, the more I relished the prospect.

Is this showing an addiction, or is it just a realignment of priorities you get after a few months of seeing good progress?

If Christmas is a training day, you train. Duh.

You can't spend 16 hours straight with your family. Everyone needs a break.
    Starting Strength Indianapolis is up and running. Sign up for a free 30-minute coaching session.
    I answer all my emails: ALewis@StartingStrengthGyms.com

I've hunted deer on Christmas Day. I don't know why I wouldn't train since I have a rack/barbell at home.

Quote Originally Posted by Jdcuth View Post
    Is this showing an addiction, or is it just a realignment of priorities you get after a few months of seeing good progress?
    If taking care of yourself and keeping yourself strong and healthy so you can take care of your family is showing an addiction then you need to reassess your concept of being a man, being a father, and being a husband.