Recovery @ 36 Recovery @ 36

starting strength gym
Results 1 to 10 of 10

Thread: Recovery @ 36

  1. #1
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    36

    Default Recovery @ 36

    • starting strength seminar february 2022
    • starting strength seminar april 2022
    • starting strength seminar june 2022
    I haven't been on a strength program for a bit after a knee injury, but when I return my lifts are still pretty good.

    However, the workouts afterwards completely wear me out. Physically I'm fine when at the gym lifting, afterwards 2-3 days I'm completely wrecked. Way worse than normal recovery.

    Is this lagging recovery (feeling extra tired) a product of not lifting regularly, or just the realities of being 36?

    Because I get so tired and it affects my work, I can't get on a consistent routine. But if this is transitional I'll push through. I haven't been on a consistent program since end of 2019.

    Could also be I don't drink enough water.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    North Texas
    Posts
    47,439

    Default

    Check your testosterone.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Sep 2020
    Posts
    198

    Default

    Lots of details missing here...height, weight. Could be testosterone, as Rip says. Could be sleep /diet related too. Not sure what your program is or where your numbers are. I'm 40 and recover fine if I eat and sleep so being 36 in and of itself is not the problem.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    36

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mark Rippetoe View Post
    Check your testosterone.
    Thanks Rip

    Quote Originally Posted by JJ23 View Post
    Lots of details missing here...height, weight. Could be testosterone, as Rip says. Could be sleep /diet related too. Not sure what your program is or where your numbers are. I'm 40 and recover fine if I eat and sleep so being 36 in and of itself is not the problem.
    6'1 about 227 so need to lose a little bit of weight. I could go to gym today and do 315 squat 5 x 5 after about 12 months off. Sleep is fine, but job trading stocks full time is stressful.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jul 2021
    Posts
    37

    Default

    OP everything you've said in this post makes me believe you are stupid:

    Quitting after injury, thinking you need to drink more water, being a stock trader.

    But even a dum dum should know that doing a 5x5 at 315 your first workout in a year is retarded.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Apr 2021
    Posts
    78

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by gregpall603 View Post
    6'1 about 227 so need to lose a little bit of weight.
    I can feel Ripís and Santanaís blood pressure rapidly increasing.

    [QUOTE=gregpall603;1831469 but job trading stocks full time is stressful.[/QUOTE]

    Idk homieóIím on wsb and it doesnít seem that bad.

    Iím near your age. Odds are you arenít eating right, and if you donít train with consistency, as you indicated, yes, you should expect top to experience DOMS/fatigue. If I miss a weekís worth of training, my next day in is sure to leave me beat up after.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    36

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by asm44 View Post
    OP everything you've said in this post makes me believe you are stupid:

    Quitting after injury, thinking you need to drink more water, being a stock trader.

    But even a dum dum should know that doing a 5x5 at 315 your first workout in a year is retarded.
    Who said my first workout? I could do that but I stick with the Novice programming 3 x 5.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Jul 2021
    Posts
    37

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by gregpall603 View Post
    Who said my first workout? I could do that but I stick with the Novice programming 3 x 5.
    I misread. I'm the retard now.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Sep 2020
    Posts
    198

    Default

    6-1 227 and "needing to lose weight" tells me you aren't eating enough.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Feb 2021
    Posts
    145

    Default

    starting strength coach development program
    You aren't eating or sleeping enough.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •