starting strength gym
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Get Some Shoes | Mark Rippetoe

Default Get Some Shoes | Mark Rippetoe

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    I have been talking about shoes for 15 years, and many of you have not been listening. Once again, there are two basic reasons that a pair of weightlifting shoes should be the very first piece of personal equipment you buy.

Read article

Almost every other sport and activity has specific footwear, but for some reason, people feel like their Vans are just fine for lifting.
    Starting Strength Indianapolis is up and running. Sign up for a free 30-minute coaching session.
    I answer all my emails: ALewis@StartingStrengthGyms.com

If you are undecided, GET THE SHOES! It makes an immediate and night/day difference!

They aren't sexy (except to other lifters), at first you will clomp around in them, but the difference in your balance and lifts is immediate.

Worth every penny! I got my Adidas Powerlifters on Amazon for $90. And actually they are "unisex". 6.5 in regular womens = 6.5 in mens/unisex.

Don't wait another day!

Quote Originally Posted by Gena.Itschner View Post
    They aren't sexy (except to other lifters)
    Funny! And true.

The problem I’m having is finding weightlifting shoes in a 16 extra wide. I’ve tried adidas and Nike but no luck. All the shoes I see that are in a 16 are never in wides, so I just keep using my Chucks. I guess I need to learn how to cobble so I can just make my own pair.

Quote Originally Posted by beardedbubba78 View Post
    The problem I’m having is finding weightlifting shoes in a 16 extra wide. I’ve tried adidas and Nike but no luck. All the shoes I see that are in a 16 are never in wides, so I just keep using my Chucks. I guess I need to learn how to cobble so I can just make my own pair.
    Get some boots.

Or if you want to stay with floppies, upgrade to Xeros - at least they're modern and have better durability.

Am I to understand that lifters wear what I thought were primarily “squat shoes” while Deadlifting?

Quote Originally Posted by Daniel Babbitt View Post
    Am I to understand that lifters wear what I thought were primarily “squat shoes” while Deadlifting?
    Yep.

Quote Originally Posted by Daniel Babbitt View Post
    I reviewed some videos, “Rip coaching the DL” etc., and a previous article written by RIP and boy did I miss the boat on this topic. Thanks, Stef.

starting strength coach development program
    Quote Originally Posted by beardedbubba78 View Post
    Watch this video and you can learn to make lifting shoes. It isn't that hard to do. I made my first pair in 1968 from leather lace up shoes and a piece of Ash wood and contact cement. Make whatever size you want to.
    GYM SQUAT SHOES Repaired // Strength Shop Weightlifting shoes restoration // PLUS ... New Channel?! - YouTube

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast