starting strength gym

Thread: Female Lifter Optimal Weight

Default Female Lifter Optimal Weight

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    A train a friend who has recently come around to the right way of thinking about training. She's slightly overweight but now training for strength and has an excellent base to start from. She's already lifting 308lbs on deadlift and squatting 242lbs.
    My question is, at 5ft 2" what would be the optimal weight for her to aim for to slim down to. I know for myself from listening to the podcast I should be in and around 198-205lbs at 5ft 6" which is my current weight. I'm a little fluffy because I pushed to get there real quick but I'm not sure what she should be aiming for optimally.

What does she weigh now? How old is she? Why do I have to ask you this? Why can you people not provide complete information when you ask a question?

Sorry I meant to provide that an posted prematurely.
    Her current age is 28 and weight is 180lbs. Her "coach" has her on a 1900 calorie diet recommending 130grams MAX protein a day, high rep work of 12-16 reps.
    I recommended a higher protein diet, and NLP which she's been sticking too or a few months now (since October).

She need to stop thinking in pounds and think in inches. The question is what diameter for her waist and hips does she want? You can't see mass but you can see distance. Pick a target for distance around the waist and let the mass be what it is.

From person experience, my waist is 34", by body weight is slowly creeping up as I build more muscle. All I care about is that my pant size stays the same because that's what I can see.

I don't have those measurements but I can see if she'll give them to me.
    She's fairly wide around the waist and legs. She would have been considered obese for her weight/height back during the lockdown but she's done a good job shaving off the fat since she started taking care of her diet.

Who is coaching her now? You, or the moron that thinks high reps burns bodyfat?

Currently it's the moron.
    She prepaid for a 12 week "bums and tums" plan so the coach is tracking her workouts, her calories etc.
    I've told her to dump the coach and move on, just accept its wasted money but she's 8 weeks in and doesn't want to feel like she wasted her money, which I've assured her she already has, bar the pleasantries.
    Shes strong, she's been a lighter weight before but she got there lifting lots of reps and doing 100 different assistance machines, I've told her she'll get further, be stronger and less bored and broken if she does the 6 simple lifts.
    I've gotten her the book and she's reading it. I just wish she'd accept she fucked up and drop the coach. Woman can't even do 5 unassisted pull ups, but she has ABS!

Narrowcasting. Sorry, you're learning the hard way.

starting strength coach development program
    That's definitely how it feels.
    Thankfully it's cost me nothing and she's wasting time with this other "coach". Put a Dr. next to someone's name and they must have all the answers.