starting strength gym

Thread: Beginner Armwrestler , how to gain such a strength ?

Question Beginner Armwrestler , how to gain such a strength ?

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    Hello ! I have always lifting weights trought my life and being active , but now im a beginner in Armwrestling because im interested in it ... but i'm really impressed and mindblowed by the extraordinary strength of professional Armwrestling athletes , which posses armstrength from another planet and seems 300% impossible for me , for a human being to achieve .. .atleast not NATURALLY...the guys are curling dumbels of over 100kg and barbel curling 100-140kg ...even a guy Irakli Zarikashvili thats not even a heavyweight like 80kg guy is lifting this weight ... I'm quite a big guy im 102kg naturally , and im doing 15 pull ups/a set at this body weight , i can even do muscle ups im lifting heavy and im not even close to these lifts...everybody that think its easy cus they are just doing a ''half'' curl , try EVEN holding aything above 50kg at this position with one hand and ...u wont even be able to keep urself together and hold it , it feels like its gonna break ur hand ...

I just wanted to ask ... HOW THE HELL is this even humanly possible ? Are these guys taking peds for breakfast or whats im missing ? they look like ...straigth out of the movies or some sh*t ...

Thank you !

examples : Armwrestler with Tarzan strength curls 142kg | Twice his body weight 😮 - YouTube - At 75 kg body weight, he can curl more than most people can squat.

ps: i live in Europe , English is my second language so sorry about any misunderstanding u might have !

Why do you think everybody who is stronger than you is taking steroids? This is a pussy's attitude.

A lot of competitive athletes use some kind of PEDs...that's just the nature of competition, especially at high levels. If you are leaving a potential advantage on the table that others are utilizing, you are basically forfeiting. This of course, does not at all mean if you take steroids too, you will match them. They have every other possible advantage too, including natural potential as well as a ton of dedicated training.

That said, looking at the video, I think this guy's "crazy lifts" have less to do with some sort of otherworldly strength and more to do with the technique he uses. If you learned to do those curls the way he does, you'd probably find your curl numbers go up quite a bit. That's not to say he ISN'T very strong, I'd bet he is. But the technique is playing a big role in his ability to work with those huge weights on those lifts. He is definitely not doing strict, full range of motion curls.

Look..guys , I was just wondering how these guys achieve such strength in their arms , I'm not hating on them or anything ..i just gave an example...it's looking just unbelievable and amazing to me...i want to do this too , one day....I know there are very knowledgeable and experienced people in this forum , so I'm asking for some tips.

That's all....

Quote Originally Posted by Tomazo View Post
    Look..guys , I was just wondering how these guys achieve such strength in their arms , I'm not hating on them or anything ..i just gave an example...it's looking just unbelievable and amazing to me...i want to do this too , one day....I know there are very knowledgeable and experienced people in this forum , so I'm asking for some tips.

That's all....
    Stress-recovery-adaptation. Start here if you don't own it already.
    Last edited by AndrewLewis; 01-06-2022 at 04:26 PM.
    Starting Strength Indianapolis is up and running. Sign up for a free 30-minute coaching session.
    I answer all my emails: ALewis@StartingStrengthGyms.com

Quote Originally Posted by Tomazo View Post

That's all....
    Like I said, if you want to do big numbers in those particular lifts, part of getting there is going to be emulating that technique. Big back-swing accelerated dumbell curls, partial ROM preacher curls. I'm assuming that coming here you are already familiar with the strength training aspect of it. Think of doing those as the practice aspect. Personally I don't know WHY that would be something you'd wanna shoot for, but to each his own. If you REALLY wanna make this happen, you could try consulting with a coach.

Nothing he's posted so far indicates that he understands the basics: that big strong men get that way by squatting and deadlifting, and benching and pressing, and that they also happen to have strong arms as a result.

Well , I'm not training from like 4 years , i got back in the gym 1 month and a half ago and lm just doing Armwrestling exercises/movements as that's what I'm excited about . I read your suggestions today I went to the gym to test my strength in some of the lifts you mentioned .

I did 140kg bench & 180kg deadlift , 1 rep max , and 20 pull ups with neutral grip as 1 set for max reps . I did lat rows with 50kg dumbbell for 10 reps , and I max out every machine I found in the gym. I weight 102kg and I'm 26 years old , i believe I can drastically improve in all the basic movements you ment , naturally , if I just start actually training them . So , not terrible but not great either , I guess .

About the technique that these armwrestlers lift. , I got that ...but the thing is ...its easier said than done , try to put 140kg on the curl bar and do a half with it , if you are able to even hold it in this position , its a great feat of strength , if not ...you might accidentally do a front flip with the barbell or its gonna rip your hands off ...i tried my maxes like this and I can do like 35kg dumbbell and 65 barbell , and that's not even the half of what these guys are doing ... normally I would get inspired by their strength , but when the difference is so drastic and it's so mind blowing...it gets me a little discouraged.

If you guys are familiar with Larry Wheels , who is insanely strong human being and lifts close to world class record numbers in all the lifts you mentioned , invited this guy from the video Irakli Zarikashvili & the current number 1 Armwrestler Levan Saginashvili , who happens to be his training partner...in Dubai , to train with them ...as he is also interested in Armwrestling recently , and his reaction was the same , he admitted that's one of the greatest feats of strength he ever seen , and he is mindblown by their arm strength , he couldn't lift anything close to their numbers either . You can check all the videos yourself in YouTube , I don't wanna make an advertisement or anything and spam the forum with links .

Thank you!

Rip was right, you don't understand this stuff. Stop comparing yourself to competitive professionals. If you were going to get on their level you'd already be well on your way by now. Work on your own lifts and stop dwelling on the existence of people who are stronger than you. That bench 1rm seems fairly solid, at the very least a person would have to train a bit to reach that, even if they have favorable anthropometry. That deadlift 1RM though...that can use work, especially as it compares to your bench. I also couldn't help but notice there was no mention of squats. It sounds like your upper body is well trained but your lower body is lagging behind.

starting strength coach development program
    It doesn't really matter what they do. It's like saying, "All these powerlifters are squatting 1000 pounds, how can I squat 1000 pounds too?"

As a beginner, how much you can curl is the least of your worries. You MUST find a team or some other armwrestlers to train with. This is where 90% of your progress will come from and just as importantly, they will teach you how to be safe on the table. You may have to travel to do this. I used to drive almost 2 hours one way to make Thursday practice and others did too. It's worth it if you're serious and you absolutely must train with other people who know what they're doing.