starting strength gym
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The Time Between Sets | Andrew Lewis

Default The Time Between Sets | Andrew Lewis

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    ​Five minutes seems like a long time when you're not doing anything. The five minutes between sets can be made productive, but it's important that when the time comes to do the next set, you do it. Don't get distracted by all the nonsense a phone can provide. Here are a few things you can do between sets to make 5 minutes feel faster...

Read article

Next move for black: FxG1+

The picture is a little blurry but I think F2xG1 is the next move.

Thanks for the article. It does feel funny to be sitting around for 10 minutes, but it does let me check work emails.

Black bishop from c8 to g4.

Next move for black is to take the white queen.

Black pawn takes white knight, c7 to b8

promote to Knight of course.

Real hard to tell from the photo, not sure what type of opening this is but if I've looked at the photo right:

Knight to C6.

Offer the choice to give up their bishop or knight, or trade their queen which leaves the King hopelessly exposed in the centre.

There's not many good moves for White from that

Bishop to C4 is a mistake as it forces the threatened knight to block, turning a pawn/knight trade to a knight/bishop trade whilst preventing the Queen having any useful moves.

Taking on G1 straight away is a mistake as it can be taken on the next move after Knight to C6, or alternatively, should the king take the pawn, you sacrifice a pawn to remove an attacking bishop whilst moving White's king further out of position, as well as developing your knight further.

One is a straight material gain, the other is a material gain with improved strategic position and weakened position for White.

Dadauggroot got it cold. Nice job. Send me an email at ALewis@startingstrengthgyms.com with your address and shirt size and which shirt you want.

This is the Albin Countergambit to the Queen's Gambit. You underpromote the pawn to a knight and then skewer the queen and king with the bishop at C8. Or they move the king and you take the queen with your queen or open the position further and just hunt down all their major pieces with your queen.
    Starting Strength Indianapolis is up and running. Sign up for a free 30-minute coaching session.
    I answer all my emails: ALewis@StartingStrengthGyms.com

starting strength coach development program
    Boom! Thanks Andrew!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast