starting strength gym

Thread: Training during Sports Season?

Default Training during Sports Season?

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    Good afternoon, all - long-time reader, first-time poster, a month into my first N.L.P. A question:

Back in a 2007 thread that I found via Google, Rip replied to a thread regarding S.S. combined with sports and suggested that to best maintain strength during a sports season, do the 5 main lifts once per week for 3 sets of 5 across at perhaps 95% of your 5-rep max. (SS combined with sports)

Here is my question: Would the goal be to simply repeat that training each week at the same weight throughout the sports season, or to increase the weight used as the season goes on at some defined cadence?

The context is that I spend 5 months a year training/racing triathlons, and use the rest of the year to strength train. I haven't found an in-season lifting plan that minimizes strength loss without tapping significantly into my race training. 2 programs I've used either aren't enough (lose too much strength) or too much (soreness carries over and messes with my running/cycling/swimming).

The above suggestion makes sense, but I'm wondering from a details standpoint whether I'd want to simply aim to maintain the weight used on each lift at the same place all season, or nudge it up at all if possible?

Any expert information is much appreciated.

This is balancing between your ability to recover and progress in strength and your sport.

If you can go up you should go up. If too much lifting is messing up your sport training than you should reset weights and progress them again.

Lifting should be supplementary to your other training and finding right balance is individual thing depended on your age, abilities, stage of training and goals.

I am weak in sports. how can i improve