starting strength gym
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: Power Bellies | Carl Raghavan

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark Rippetoe View Post
    Tom is not serious. Tom is a silly little bitch. A troll, a shit-spoon, has been for years. This just happens to be the worst stunt he's pulled.
    Ok, at least you gave him a chance.

And what does he do with it? Makes a fool of himself, as usual.

I can't remember; is Tom the washing machine guy? Or am I thinking of another less than serious poster named "Tom?"

Quote Originally Posted by William MG View Post
    Ok, at least you gave him a chance.
    Can you read? I accepted the offer. But I don't work for free and I get paid in advance.

Rip do you think calling someone a "shit spoon" means you won the argument or that you look like the smart reasonable one?

Starting Strength's core material is good but this forum is a hellhole of lickspittle conformity run by a powerdrunk bully.

Do you know what a good response to my criticism of the article would have been if you felt good and secure about the quality? "Thanks for your opinion but we like the article as it is." You lost your shit and got defensive because you know I have a point but you are completely incapable of accepting criticism or ever admitting you are wrong.

Then why are you still here?

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Rippetoe View Post
    Then why are you still here?
    First good point you've made.

Quote Originally Posted by tompaynter View Post
    Can you read? I accepted the offer. But I don't work for free and I get paid in advance.

Rip do you think calling someone a "shit spoon" means you won the argument or that you look like the smart reasonable one?

Starting Strength's core material is good but this forum is a hellhole of lickspittle conformity run by a powerdrunk bully.

Do you know what a good response to my criticism of the article would have been if you felt good and secure about the quality? "Thanks for your opinion but we like the article as it is." You lost your shit and got defensive because you know I have a point but you are completely incapable of accepting criticism or ever admitting you are wrong.
    Man, your autism is bad.

And where have we heard this stellar line of argumentation before?

Quote Originally Posted by tompaynter View Post
    ...this forum is a hellhole of lickspittle conformity run by a powerdrunk bully.
    Is it pledge season at the frat, friend?

I know what autism is (I supposedly have it), and I've also been lurking the forums for 3 plus years. This Tom guy is like nails-on-a-chalkboard-level-autism. I've never seen anything like it on the forums, ever. I hope Carl (my master coach) doesn't take anything he said too seriously. As someone who has written articles for this absolutely awesome website myself, I take every comment very seriously and ruminate on some comments for months. It's just something a writer does (I think). I constantly look over past articles and think about the shit parts and how they could be improved upon. But please, Carl, ignore this lemon-rind of an individual haha.

Quote Originally Posted by EdTice View Post
    I personally would *like* to see this article written (even though I normally don't respond to Tom). The reality is that, despite the blue book being out for a decade and a half and being available on Kindle for $9.99 (Paperback for not much more) there is still an amazing wall of confusion. Maybe Tom (even if by sheer luck) will express things in a way that's incredibly convincing. It can't hurt to have more people writing about this stuff.

I don't consider myself accomplished enough to write articles, but heck if Rip offered me the chance to get published, I'd take this up simply because I'd probably learn something in the process. Plus on the rare occasion when I do have to explain these concepts to skeptics, I could point them to my article here which even if it only came out mediocre, might get them to stumble across some more of the content here. I can't believe this offer was rejected!
    I would like to put something together on this topic myself for the benefit of the older community but writing is a long difficult task.

However, the topic is especially important for those of us just starting who are older and overweight. Hearing our coach say "you need to eat more", doesn't compute. I remember saying these exact words, "fuck, I'm already fat!"

But, it works. My body weight went up and so did the weight on the bar. And now with the help of Robert S, have found a good nutritional balance.

It's a critical topic for us older trainees.

starting strength coach development program
    Quote Originally Posted by William MG View Post
    I would like to put something together on this topic myself for the benefit of the older community but writing is a long difficult task.

However, the topic is especially important for those of us just starting who are older and overweight. Hearing our coach say "you need to eat more", doesn't compute. I remember saying these exact words, "fuck, I'm already fat!"

But, it works. My body weight went up and so did the weight on the bar. And now with the help of Robert S, have found a good nutritional balance.

It's a critical topic for us older trainees.
    Looking forward to reading it.

Although it was interesting to learn how far away from their competition physique some elite bodybuilders will go, those of us who are older and not using steroids aren't likely to have great results consuming an enormous amount of calories in excess of maintenance levels followed by aggressive dieting. Dr. Santana and others have been very generous with their time. Still, I believe any additional insights into proper diet based on one's age, training history and metabolism would be appreciated by many.

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast