starting strength gym

Thread: Pioneers | Daniel Oakes

Default Pioneers | Daniel Oakes

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    Nobody mentions it, at least not anybody who isn't perceived as an obsessive freak. It's an awkward, alien, somewhat ugly topic of conversation – makes those involved feel raw and naked. Maybe, as a species, we aren't ready to discuss it seriously yet...

Read article

FTA: People will struggle with shopping bags and say, “This is all the exercise I need,” in the belief that the object is the evidence of exertion. Under such logic it would be best to be as weak as possible, so as to always be out of breath and always “exerted.”

That section alone was worth the price of admission - great article, in a chain of great articles from this author. Thank you, Daniel.

As a father of young boys, the point about pioneering for the next generation really hit home for me. We moved houses within the past couple of years, and I was especially proud to see my boys astonishing the college-age movers with how much they could pick up, and more to the point, would pick up to help get things on and off the truck. No one has told them they shouldn't try, and so they just...do. Frequently. They watch their daddy regularly pick up heavy things, so to them, it's just what a man does.

The power of example is profound - both in the home, and in societies like the one in this circle here. I am very thankful for the fact, and for the pioneers themselves.

Thank you so much Jason for your kind words - means the world to me. It's what spurs me on to continue writing!