starting strength gym

Thread: Strength Training IS Hypertrophy Training | Robert Santana

Default Strength Training IS Hypertrophy Training | Robert Santana

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    The quest to build larger muscles is one that men have embarked on for centuries. It is obvious that the skeletal muscles’ ability to produce increasing force against an external resistance is a pre-requisite to accomplish this goal...

Read article

Great article, and it reinforces my conviction that I did the right thing in picking up the book and becoming a devotee of Starting Strength. I am not the biggest I've ever been, but I'm on the way there, and when I did get that big, it was not thanks to any four day split/hypertrophy routine. I did Madcow 5x5.

The combination of squats and deadlifts have gotten my legs a lot thicker; someone in my social circles who hadn't seen me in quite a while saw me in person for the first time since I started SS in the fall and remarked about how thick my legs got.

It never ceases to amaze me that people want to spend time in the gym hopping from this to that cable machine to get their biceps bigger while ignoring the major lifts. I'd rather squat, deadlift, press, or bench over doing barbell curls every time.

Great (and necessary) article.

Today, in the XXI century we still have to hear those bodybuilng gurus saying that if you wanna be big you must to do infinities machine excercises, double sets, triple sets, mega sets and that a bar progressive loaded is just "powerlifting training". And it continues being the mentality over the gym´s. Thanks God I left those places of smartasses and got a bar and some plates. And I can assure that I am bigger and stronger than ever.