starting strength gym
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Better Than Some, Worse Than Others: A Strength Odyssey | Barry Charles

Default Better Than Some, Worse Than Others: A Strength Odyssey | Barry Charles

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    The gyms had closed in March 2020 for COVID and I was scheduled for a powerlifting meet in April. The last day the gym was open we tested our lifts. For me it was a 395 Squat, a 285 bench, and a 530 pull. I felt confident I was going to blow past my best meet total of 1240. Male, age 58, 215lb, 5ft 10in. On May 15th, 2020, a few months into the COVID lockdown, I had a seizure and a trip to the emergency room...

Read article

No questions, just wishing you the best.

Bill

This was really inspiring! Thank you for sharing. As Churchill said “If you’re going through hell, keep going!”

Absolutely f*cking amazing. Incredibly inspirational. I'll carry this story in my mind and my heart as I continue my strength journey.

Thanks everyone!

Wow Barry!

Thank you very much for sharing. I am sure you are inspiring (and helping) many more people than you know.

And thank you Rip, for spreading this culture of Strength.

Wow.

Don't really know what to say other than thanks for sharing. That is some inspirational stuff!

Thank you for writing this up, Barry - well done.

You're in NM, but were treated in Milwaukee?

Quote Originally Posted by Jason Donaldson View Post
    Thank you for writing this up, Barry - well done.

You're in NM, but were treated in Milwaukee?
    TY! I lived in NM for almost 30yrs.I still work for the national lab but I am on long term assignment in DC. But, in preparation for eventual retirement, we moved to Milwaukee. I was going back and forth between DC and Wisconsin. Holidays, vacations , etc.

One of the most fortunate coincidences in my life was I was in Milwaukee when the seizure hit (Covid hide at home rules) and with my family. Where I work in NM is 100miles away from Albuquerque which has the only advanced medical care in the state. Most people in that situation go to Mayo in Phoenix or Anderson in Houston. Those facilities are excellent but the stress and logistics might kill you.

Some people say divine fate but I say luck.

starting strength coach development program
    Quote Originally Posted by Barry Charles View Post
    TY! I lived in NM for almost 30yrs.I still work for the national lab but I am on long term assignment in DC. But, in preparation for eventual retirement, we moved to Milwaukee. I was going back and forth between DC and Wisconsin. Holidays, vacations , etc.

One of the most fortunate coincidences in my life was I was in Milwaukee when the seizure hit (Covid hide at home rules) and with my family. Where I work in NM is 100miles away from Albuquerque which has the only advanced medical care in the state. Most people in that situation go to Mayo in Phoenix or Anderson in Houston. Those facilities are excellent but the stress and logistics might kill you.

Some people say divine fate but I say luck.
    Whatever the ultimate explanation, I'm very glad it worked out for you as well as it did, and also that you've shared it so openly.

I'm in the Madison area, myself - I'm not sure if there are tools for direct messaging here, but if you're in this part of the state, please feel free to get hold of me for a meal or a drink, or to train!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast