starting strength gym
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Muscular Hypertrophy | Andy Baker

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark Rippetoe View Post
    You stupid asshole. This forum is one of the best places on the internet to freely exchange ideas about many many things.
    Yeah, I can see how one would be inclined to think that about an eponymous forum which they moderate.

Note that you have not been deleted.

Note that you have not been deleted.
    That's true, but I also haven't begun a post with "You stupid asshole." (Yet.)

When you are a stupid asshole, as you have been recently, expect it to be pointed out.

When you are a stupid asshole, as you have been recently, expect it to be pointed out.
    I'd like to point out that after 2 threads, dozens of messages about zft initial questions, plus an article response by Baker, zft, and the rest of us, have yet to find the utility of his question. It seems to me like he will never be satisfied with the replies anyone gives him. He got his answers by you, Baker and Sullivan, each in a different form, and mabye other SSCs too, and it's not enough.
    I still think he just wants you to say that he can do leg extensions and cable pulls to get bigger, but I'm mostly following this for entertainment purposes, if that's ok.

Getting this thread back on topic...
    Coach Andy, you must be reading Chris Beardsley.
    He and other serious researchers have been saying this exact thing for years now.
    The HST method is solely based on mechanical tension and on purpose minimizes fatigue and mechanical damage.
    The program is basically an 8 to 10 week LP, rest a week or 2, repeat with a little more weight the next cycle.

As I pointed out in Coach Rip's board thread, all the Pro BB I personally know, Dante Trudell, Darden, Jones, Mentzer, Yates, all of them, do low rep heavy basics all year then add the pump work 6 to 12 weeks away from a show, solely for glycogen storage. Yates stays with the low reps all year. Here is a quote from Darden, and for those of you that do not know him, was the head of Nautilus research for a long time:

The barbell overhead press, the bench press, the deadlift, the squat, the curl ... there's nothing that's going to take the place of those exercises. If a guy masters those, he'll end up pretty close to his genetic potential. You could write it all down on one page, but it won't be very attractive and it won't hold your attention very long.

Quote Originally Posted by k_dean_curtis View Post
    As I pointed out in Coach Rip's board thread, all the Pro BB I personally know, Dante Trudell, Darden, Jones, Mentzer, Yates, all of them, do low rep heavy basics all year then add the pump work 6 to 12 weeks away from a show, solely for glycogen storage. Yates stays with the low reps all year. Here is a quote from Darden, and for those of you that do not know him, was the head of Nautilus research for a long time:
    Just based on my own experiences with "pump stuff" I have had a sneaking suspicion this is how bodybuilders operate for quite some time. Nice to see my guess was right.

the curl ...
    The horror…

Getting this thread back on topic...
    Coach Andy, you must be reading Chris Beardsley.
    He and other serious researchers have been saying this exact thing for years now.
    The HST method is solely based on mechanical tension and on purpose minimizes fatigue and mechanical damage.
    The program is basically an 8 to 10 week LP, rest a week or 2, repeat with a little more weight the next cycle.

The barbell overhead press, the bench press, the deadlift, the squat, the curl ... there's nothing that's going to take the place of those exercises. If a guy masters those, he'll end up pretty close to his genetic potential. You could write it all down on one page, but it won't be very attractive and it won't hold your attention very long.
    This is what everyone has been trying to tell zft and co. for a week now. And what is obvious by reading the blue book. Most of us here understand this already. So what is the point the discussion? Is there some new discovery we might get out of this?

starting strength coach development program
    Starr apparently liked a little more selection, but not much. His writing always makes for a fun read, even if not the most perfect method:

Bigger Arms – Bill Starr Articles

I've always found it interesting that Starr was a fan of high pulls. I know Rip hates them about as much as front squats.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast