Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Looking for weight gain tips

Ray Gillenwater is offline Administrator, Starting Strength Gyms
    Starting Strength Coach

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    Quote Originally Posted by Daniel Town View Post
    Sounds like you've been to Indonesia!! Are you planning on doing a seminar here?!
    Currently this is what I'm eating: 8 eggs, 300 grams of chicken breast, rice, fruits with oatmeal and granola with peanut butter. On Sundays I gorge my stomach with fast foods to help with the calorie surplus. Right now I'm steadily gaining a 1lb weekly.. My stomach is giving out on me..I'm always constantly full...Is there such thing as taking a deload on eating? can I do that for a week?
    Yep I used to work in Jakarta. Tried getting Rip out about ten years ago, but it's a hell of a flight.

Reply with what you ate yesterday? I hope you were describing your breakfast and not a full day's food. Get rid of this "giving out on me" and "constantly full" stuff - get your mind right and get it done. I weighed under 170lbs at 6'2" in my Indo days. I have Crohn's. If I can do it, you can too. Eat until you feel sick four times a day. It's temporary.

8 eggs for breakfast is good. But it only takes a few minutes to cook 4 or 5 eggs over easy as soon as you get home from work or any other time you’ve got a few minutes to kill.

Quote Originally Posted by dalan View Post
    Chicken breasts aren't doing you any favors. Can you eat red meat? It doesn't have to be expensive steaks, ground beef is perfect. That will add calories and fat and taste about eleven ba-zillion times better so you'll be inclined to eat more of it.
    Careful with that. I overdid the 70% beef, whole milk, whole yogurt, butter, and whole eggs and it drove my liver enzymes up. Had to switch to 85% beef, 2% milk, 0% yogurt and olive oil for a a while to get the numbers down. Saturated fat isn't a demon but overdoing it for too long also isn't the best.

Quote Originally Posted by GioFerrante View Post
    Careful with that. I overdid the 70% beef, whole milk, whole yogurt, butter, and whole eggs and it drove my liver enzymes up.
    I have a hard time believing this. What enzymes, and what were the numbers?

Quote Originally Posted by Ray Gillenwater View Post
    Yep I used to work in Jakarta. Tried getting Rip out about ten years ago, but it's a hell of a flight.

Reply with what you ate yesterday? I hope you were describing your breakfast and not a full day's food. Get rid of this "giving out on me" and "constantly full" stuff - get your mind right and get it done. I weighed under 170lbs at 6'2" in my Indo days. I have Crohn's. If I can do it, you can too. Eat until you feel sick four times a day. It's temporary.
    If you ever come to Indo, let me know! would love to meet up and talk some!

What bodyweight should I be aiming for in my 5'9 frame? I'm currently 187lbs

I apologize if this is detracting from the topic... But thereīs not "protein milk" in USA supermarkets? Here in Argentina we have a special milk that they remove all its lactose and itīs is 50% more protein than the "normal milk". This is sold like a food, not like a suplement. I've been taking it for two years; before this I was a hard drinker of whole milk but the lactose was already causing me some problems and I switch to this "protein milk" and now I can digest it like it was water and itīs 46 gr of protein each 1 liter. Try to find this out.

Quote Originally Posted by Daniel Town View Post
    What bodyweight should I be aiming for in my 5'9 frame? I'm currently 187lbs

Quote Originally Posted by Satch12879 View Post
    Make Efferding's Monster Mash with lean ground pork.
    I second this. I find that I can eat Monster Mash multiple times a day. It's easy on my stomach and I can eat again just a few hours later. I drink two large protein shakes a day. They're made with Lactose-Free Fairlife Milk. Recently, I've been using about 20 oz. milk, 2 scoops of oat flour, and 1.5-2 scoops of protein powder for each shake. I also like to eat the absolute largest steak I can find the day prior to my intensity day. During my NLP, I did this during the weekend for recovery. If I can't make steak happen, I'll usually just go to McDonald's and eat two double-quarters pounders with cheese. Most of the time they'll let me pay for extra patties too (I recommend this).

Something else you need to learn how to do is EAT FAST. Don't give your brain a chance to figure out what's in your stomach. One of the first things weight loss advocates tell people is to slow down. Fuck that. Do the opposite.

Quote Originally Posted by SouthernLifter View Post
    I apologize if this is detracting from the topic... But thereīs not "protein milk" in USA supermarkets? Here in Argentina we have a special milk that they remove all its lactose and itīs is 50% more protein than the "normal milk". This is sold like a food, not like a suplement. I've been taking it for two years; before this I was a hard drinker of whole milk but the lactose was already causing me some problems and I switch to this "protein milk" and now I can digest it like it was water and itīs 46 gr of protein each 1 liter. Try to find this out.
    We do. Fairlife makes it and is as you described. I suggested it earlier in this thread.

starting strength coach development program
    Quote Originally Posted by SouthernLifter View Post
    Is the Argentine beef really as good as they say?

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast