starting strength gym
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Looking for weight gain tips

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    Stretch your eating out. 5 meals with a minimum 2 hours between each. Whey protein is your friend. Titrating up a tolerance to milk as suggested already is a very, very good idea to try and see if it works at all. Milk is amazing for a muscle building diet, and if there's any way to overcome lactose intolerance and get it in, it's definitely worth the shot. If you're just going after protein though, try and make sure you are getting more carbs than protein. Don't do it with shit like soda, but get it somehow. Tilting things too much toward protein can cause increased satiety, the enemy of a bulking diet.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Rippetoe View Post
    I have a hard time believing this. What enzymes, and what were the numbers?
    I ran the info by Santana a few months ago:

How Much Weight to Gain

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Rippetoe View Post
    I used to think Rip was a crazy fatty when I first came upon these weight gaining tips. Once I shot past 220 at 5’9’’, women started groping me, so listen to the man.

Ray Gillenwater is offline Administrator, Starting Strength Gyms
    Starting Strength Coach

Quote Originally Posted by Jovan Dragisic View Post
    Once I shot past 220 at 5’9’’, women started groping me, so listen to the man.
    Similar experience after my first 30lbs of weight gain. Strong people are harder to resist and are more fuckable in general.

Quote Originally Posted by Ray Gillenwater View Post
    Strong people are harder to resist
    Well, strength is the ability to produce force against resistance, after all.

Quote Originally Posted by Ray Gillenwater View Post
    Similar experience after my first 30lbs of weight gain. Strong people are harder to resist and are more fuckable in general.
    Satch will come in at any second and tell us those are not women, but he is just jealous.

Quote Originally Posted by Frank_B View Post
    I second this. I find that I can eat Monster Mash multiple times a day. It's easy on my stomach and I can eat again just a few hours later.
    I’ve been making a lot of this lately, and it’s fine and easy to eat. But I also prefer to enjoy my food. Any ideas how to make it taste better? I’ve found tossing in some fajita seasoning helps, but that’s about all I’ve got so far.

Default I think the OP is in Indonesia

Quote Originally Posted by SouthernLifter View Post
    I apologize if this is detracting from the topic... But there´s not "protein milk" in USA supermarkets? Here in Argentina we have a special milk that they remove all its lactose and it´s is 50% more protein than the "normal milk". This is sold like a food, not like a suplement. I've been taking it for two years; before this I was a hard drinker of whole milk but the lactose was already causing me some problems and I switch to this "protein milk" and now I can digest it like it was water and it´s 46 gr of protein each 1 liter. Try to find this out.
    Yes we have protein milk here in the US. I don't know about Indonesia. The one commonly found is "Fairlife" brand. They filter out the lactose (so even those without the enzyme can drink it) and also add extra protein. It is not the best tasting but it's not terrible. I can drink lactose so I usually buy the Chocolate and mix it about 50:50 with regular whole milk. That combination tastes especially good and still gives a lot of calories in one glass.

I've been even more aggressive and used Carnation Breakfast Essentials that I would make using the Fairlife milk. That comes out super-thick like a fast food milkshake and it tastes great. But you're near the limit of how much can be dissolved in water and have to be very careful not to end up with solids at the bottom of the glass when you're finished drinking.

Quote Originally Posted by Jovan Dragisic View Post
    Satch will come in at any second and tell us those are not women, but he is just jealous.
    Dude, it was basically easier than T-ball on the other thread.

starting strength coach development program
    Quote Originally Posted by Satch12879 View Post
    Is the Argentine beef really as good as they say?
    Hi ! Sorry, I didn´t see it. Yes, I guess we are good at doing this. You know... UK introduced here some good cow breeds some centuries ago.

But I´ll tell you something: My cousin traveled to USA some years ago and he went to a restaurant and ordered an argentine recipe ("milanesas") but made with American meet. He told me that it was the best milanesa he ever tasted.

Please excuse my shitty english.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast