starting strength gym
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Looking for weight gain tips

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    Sorry, I meant MEAT, not meet. sorry.

Quote Originally Posted by Daniel Town View Post
    Hey guys, I need some advice with gaining weight.. I can't do a gallon of milk a day because I am lactose Intolerent. Is there something else I can drink a gallon of that is rich in protein? I've been steadily gaining 1lb a week but I know that's not enough. My stomach feels like it's at its limit, I keep getting nausea and indigestion. My stomach is a pussy.
    If you are 187, with a goal of 220ish, 1 lb a week gets you there early next spring. That seems like a perfectly reasonable time to reach intermediate goal body weight. Pushing the weight gain too fast can definitely give you a fatty liver, although carbohydrates and overall excessive energy intake are more likely the culprit than saturated fats.

I don't think a young healthy male who is training heavy can get a fatty liver by gaining 33 pounds, no matter how he does it. So "definitely" is probably not a correct statement.

Quote Originally Posted by GioFerrante View Post
    Careful with that. I overdid the 70% beef, whole milk, whole yogurt, butter, and whole eggs and it drove my liver enzymes up. Had to switch to 85% beef, 2% milk, 0% yogurt and olive oil for a a while to get the numbers down. Saturated fat isn't a demon but overdoing it for too long also isn't the best.
    Years ago, my elevated liver enzymes turned out to be a side effect of lifting within the 7 day window of my blood work:

Muscular exercise can cause highly pathological liver function tests in healthy men

Very few MDs know this and will send you down progressively destructive paths eventually leading to hell (biopsy).

This has been discussed here many times.

Quote Originally Posted by Kazzin View Post
    I’ve been making a lot of this lately, and it’s fine and easy to eat. But I also prefer to enjoy my food. Any ideas how to make it taste better? I’ve found tossing in some fajita seasoning helps, but that’s about all I’ve got so far.
    Sorry I missed this. I experiment with different hot sauces. I like some heat in my food, so I experiment with different intensities and quantities.

Also, I season my hamburger meat, potatoes, etc., as I cook so I feel like mine has plenty of flavor.

starting strength coach development program
    Quote Originally Posted by Kitsuma View Post
    Years ago, my elevated liver enzymes turned out to be a side effect of lifting within the 7 day window of my blood work:

Muscular exercise can cause highly pathological liver function tests in healthy men

Very few MDs know this and will send you down progressively destructive paths eventually leading to hell (biopsy).

This has been discussed here many times.
    He mentioned that the hard training could be elevating the liver enzymes but not the LDL/cholesterol. Anecdotally I feel better eating moderate saturated fat as opposed to having it super high.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234