starting strength gym
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Downsides of lifting heavy?

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    Quote Originally Posted by CommanderFun View Post
    Society seems to cater to very unhealthy people with large waists and twig limbs.
    Society prefers these people. They are less trouble.

Quote Originally Posted by Daveyboy View Post
    My chair-sitting position options have reduced. I can no longer cross my legs one knee over the other. It's either ankle-on-thigh or plain old manspreading nowadays. Nobody tells you about this!
    Assuming you are a male this is a good thing, you have no business crossing your legs knee over knee like a woman lol

Quote Originally Posted by RMiller1991 View Post
    Assuming you are a male this is a good thing, you have no business crossing your legs knee over knee like a woman lol
    One would've really hoped that 31 years of life would be sufficient to not hold such silly and stupid convictions.

Quote Originally Posted by RMiller1991 View Post
    I think if I tried to cross my legs knee over knee at this point I'd BECOME a woman from all that crushing pressure.

Quote Originally Posted by CommanderFun View Post
    I think if I tried to cross my legs knee over knee at this point I'd BECOME a woman from all that crushing pressure.
    But not zft.

Define "heavy"

Aside from accidents and injury which are hit or miss. Sleep Apnoea, caused by the thicker neck. If you don't know you have it, or no-ones ever told you that you stop breathing multiple times a night, it could be potentially nasty as not breathing tends to affect a lot of other aspects. I dare say it's far more common amongst board members then the general public.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Rippetoe View Post
    But not zft.
    This would be more aptly written as "zft isn't fat, unlike CommanderFun".

During the NLP, as the size of the latissimus dorsi increases, so does the frequency of painful collisions of elbows with doorframes.

Quote Originally Posted by zft View Post
    This would be more aptly written as "zft isn't fat, unlike CommanderFun".
    zft isn't male, like CommanderFun.

starting strength coach development program
    As a fellow 62 year old female lifter with multiple sclerosis there is no down side for me. However, for my husband who is 68 and a self-professed lazy man, this is not true. He is stronger today than he was in his twenties. We are gloriously retired. But, while he is stronger, I now expect him to work harder. Honey, move those 80 lb retainer wall blocks because , you hunk of a man, I know you can. Honey, please unload the twenty 50 lb bags of soil I loaded into the car at the store because I know you can. Come with me Honey and load my zillion buckets of wood mulch into the car I have thoughtfully shoveled for you (and bring them where I want them when we get home). Honey, please pick my old afflicted heavy butt off the ground because I've fallen again and I can't get up. I crack the whip and there is nowhere to hide. That's a downside...and maybe also that he's been saddled with me for 42 years.

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast