starting strength gym
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Downsides of lifting heavy?

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    Quote Originally Posted by CommanderFun View Post
    Every person who has ever called me fat was someone on the internet I've never met in person.
    They only call you fat because they know they aren't going to meet you lol. They would have a hard time making eye contact with you in real life :-)

Quote Originally Posted by zft View Post
    Oh, I can fix that: you're fat. (We've met.) Who says I have no constructive contributions to this forum now?!
    Dude, irony…

If the world is really as wonderful and serendipitous as it is in my child-like mind, surely one day we'll meet so I can tell you in person.
    Okay, and if you do, I'll look at you quizzically and call you a weird asshole.

But let's be objective here: your log has you squatting in the low 300s on intensity day (we do the same program, isn't that cute?) and you weigh about 300. Unless you're truly a giant, you definitely have some extra fat. At any rate, my reply calling attention to your corpulence is mostly in jest; you just happened to be the (un)lucky convenient target.
    I'm not exactly a genetically gifted specimen, and I got a pretty late start to this stuff. Plenty start even later, but my peak physical potential was definitely in a bygone time when I was largely a sedentary nerd. My weight goes where my goals and results take me. I don't actually look fat, so I don't really care. I guess if dunking on the un-gifted on the internet makes you feel better about yourself, it's worth it. But I think you should focus on achieving bigger goals for yourself. Again, if you were able to deadlift 500 pounds without looking strong, you are probably able to make insanely efficient use of the muscle mass you have and are probably capable of some pretty great heights. You should probably work on your attitude if you're actually looking to coach people though, most of the clients you're going to get will be old and/or un-gifted, and probably won't stick around if you shit on them for not getting on your level.

Aww, that's nice of you to say.
    I didn't write it to be nice, but to acknowledge reality. Unlike zft, you don't delete your videos after asking for a form check. This suggests that, despite having more modest numbers than those he claims to have, you are less insecure than he appears to be.

They will be always better than not lifting.

Quote Originally Posted by tiny&mighty View Post
    I didn't write it to be nice, but to acknowledge reality. Unlike zft, you don't delete your videos after asking for a form check. This suggests that, despite having more modest numbers than those he claims to have, you are less insecure than he appears to be.
    Huh, I thought you were supposed to leave the videos up for form checks.

Huh, I thought you were supposed to leave the videos up for form checks.
    You are. Show me where he did this and I will delete the asshole's account. And maybe everything he's ever posted on this board. And maybe kill him and his entire family.

I rejoice in my immature proclivities. Maybe you should too!!

If the world is really as wonderful and serendipitous as it is in my child-like mind, surely one day we'll meet so I can tell you in person.

But let's be objective here: your log has you squatting in the low 300s on intensity day (we do the same program, isn't that cute?) and you weigh about 300. Unless you're truly a giant, you definitely have some extra fat. At any rate, my reply calling attention to your corpulence is mostly in jest; you just happened to be the (un)lucky convenient target.

Oh, I can fix that: you're fat. (We've met.) Who says I have no constructive contributions to this forum now?!
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark Rippetoe View Post
    You are. Show me where he did this and I will delete the asshole's account. And maybe everything he's ever posted on this board. And maybe kill him and his entire family.
    Look at his “ threads created “ history. Very few are still up. What a shame. The few that are, he looks like a pretty strong dude.

About that, though. While I’d like to see him gone, isn’t it kind of a big ask to make folks keep their videos up for eternity, when some of them are on YouTube? What if YouTube deletes your account for violating “community standards” or some such shit? Couldn’t that happen?

starting strength coach development program
    Quote Originally Posted by Steven Kalin View Post
    About that, though. While I’d like to see him gone, isn’t it kind of a big ask to make folks keep their videos up for eternity, when some of them are on YouTube? What if YouTube deletes your account for violating “community standards” or some such shit? Couldn’t that happen?
    That could happen, and it wouldn't be his fault. But if we take the time to comment on a video when asked to do so, we're not just doing it for the OP -- we're doing it for the whole board. That's been the policy for years, and anyone that doesn't like it can post elsewhere.

The problem with zft is that his whole purpose here is to stir the shit. As such, he's a classic troll. He is currently being deleted, but not yet banned.

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast