starting strength gym
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Downsides of lifting heavy?

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    Quote Originally Posted by zft View Post
    I rejoice in my immature proclivities. Maybe you should too!!

If the world is really as wonderful and serendipitous as it is in my child-like mind, surely one day we'll meet so I can tell you in person.

But let's be objective here: your log has you squatting in the low 300s on intensity day (we do the same program, isn't that cute?) and you weigh about 300. Unless you're truly a giant, you definitely have some extra fat. At any rate, my reply calling attention to your corpulence is mostly in jest; you just happened to be the (un)lucky convenient target.

Oh, I can fix that: you're fat. (We've met.) Who says I have no constructive contributions to this forum now?!
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark Rippetoe View Post
    That could happen, and it wouldn't be his fault. But if we take the time to comment on a video when asked to do so, we're not just doing it for the OP -- we're doing it for the whole board. That's been the policy for years, and anyone that doesn't like it can post elsewhere.

The problem with zft is that his whole purpose here is to stir the shit. As such, he's a classic troll. He is currently being deleted, but not yet banned.
    I get all of that, and I agree. Having said that, is there no way we could just copy and paste videos here? No hosting site? I admit I’m not up on all the technicalities .

The problem with zft is that his whole purpose here is to stir the shit. As such, he's a classic troll. He is currently being deleted, but not yet banned.
    Since I'm being "deleted," I'm sure only you will read this, but my purpose really isn't that and I don't consider myself a troll. It just happens to be the case that I often disagree with a lot of what's said on the board and I have a small tendency towards being a bit silly. I think you're sufficiently aware (unlike Jovan) that you can understand that most of my responses in this thread were at least partially jokes.

Anyway, does this mean you still plan on killing me? I'm going to be in Dallas this fall and wanted to make a detour and stop by Wichita Falls and say hi; but now you can surely understand my hesitation.

Why would you post on a board you often disagree with, especially since you're proven wrong every time? You do it to stir the shit, and that is the only reason. You're a troll. You don't want to say hi. Don't waste a trip here.

Quote Originally Posted by Steven Kalin View Post
    Look at his “ threads created “ history. Very few are still up. What a shame. The few that are, he looks like a pretty strong dude.
    That's what I've been saying. Anyone who can deadlift 500 without looking like they lift weights (supposedly) has got to have some impressive potential. Still a dick, though.

You are. Show me where he did this and I will delete the asshole's account. And maybe everything he's ever posted on this board. And maybe kill him and his entire family.
    At least spare the family, they've had him on their hands their whole lives, we've only had to deal with him for a much shorter time.

Quote Originally Posted by Steven Kalin View Post
    I get all of that, and I agree. Having said that, is there no way we could just copy and paste videos here? No hosting site? I admit I’m not up on all the technicalities .
    Some site has to host the video file. If not youtube, then this one. That could cause some troubles.

Since I'm being "deleted," I'm sure only you will read this, but my purpose really isn't that and I don't consider myself a troll. It just happens to be the case that I often disagree with a lot of what's said on the board and I have a small tendency towards being a bit silly. I think you're sufficiently aware (unlike Jovan) that you can understand that most of my responses in this thread were at least partially jokes.

Anyway, does this mean you still plan on killing me? I'm going to be in Dallas this fall and wanted to make a detour and stop by Wichita Falls and say hi; but now you can surely understand my hesitation.
    Jovan probably didn't like your sense of humor.
    You are failing to fit in with the culture of this board recently (It is not multicultural).
    We value concision, directness and sharply satirical humor.

I think you're sufficiently aware (unlike Jovan) that you can understand that most of my responses in this thread were at least partially jokes.
    Hey, I was just giving you some pointers on style. I respect good trolling, you got some potential, but in order to progress I find you need to work on subtlety.

Why would you post on a board you often disagree with.
    For what it is worth (which is probably not much), this is quite surprising, in may ways, not all of them encouraging.

IPB

Read this again and tell us if an adult thinks or speaks this way.

You are. Show me where he did this and I will delete the asshole's account. And maybe everything he's ever posted on this board. And maybe kill him and his entire family.
    May I suggest he kills himself instead?

starting strength coach development program
    Quote Originally Posted by HailMary View Post
    For me? Stuff hurts.
    This, for me as well. I'm 56 and have been lifting since high school and years of trying to make my pathetic genetics into a sorta strong-ish person has taken it's toll. With my best (such as they were) days behind me at this point, the focus is more on not falling apart while still doing what I can to slow the weakening process as much as possible. We can't all be Mark Felix I guess.

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast