starting strength gym

Thread: Power clean forearms disproportionate

Default Power clean forearms disproportionate

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    Hello,
    I hope you are doing fine,

Till now, i have been trying to learn to rack position but it is impossible for my hands to even touch my shoulder when i raise my elbows as guided in the book. And when i widened the grip, my hand just got further with. It remained impossible for the bar to rest on the shoulder while staying touched by my fingers. I noticed that my forearms are longer than my upper arms.

So, can you please tell me if there is a possible way to know if my forearms are hugely disproportionate with my upper arm (like is there a common ratio or some kind of general advice based on your experience) in a way that makes the clean impossible. In the blue book, there are no mentioning of how much disproportionate would the arms be. I would like to avoid doing thousands of stretching reps, hoping i could learn the rack position when in reality it will remain impossible as Rip mentions in the book.

Thank you guys!

Can't tell without seeing it. If only there was a way to actually see your rack position in the clean, so we could understand the actual situation better, without having to actually be in the gym with you.

Thank you your response
    This is the maximum i can contract my hand in the clean:
    20220716 140956 - TinyPic

There is nothing wrong with this rack position that would prevent you from doing the clean. You have read the blue book, right?