starting strength gym
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I No Longer Have Osteoporosis - A Wichita Falls Athletic Club Case Study

Default I No Longer Have Osteoporosis - A Wichita Falls Athletic Club Case Study

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024

Julia and Carmen Phillips, her coach at WFAC, talk about Julia's training and experience with reversing osteoporosis using Starting Strength.

Wow. Can’t believe the non response of her doctor. Brutal! I mean, she looks fantastic now. Good on you, girl.

Fantastic to see.

"He scares me too" heh

All these clients videos are Excellent. Congrats to Julia! Once you experience a miracle like that, you never forget the medicine or the coach who prescribed it.

Too bad somebody didn't help Phil Collins before the surgeons worked him over.

Any chance Coach Carmen would post an old photo of herself with her Datsun 280Z from back in the day?

Quote Originally Posted by Subby View Post
    "He scares me too" heh
    As do all the great Coaches.

Great video! Encouraging!

They are doing some good research on the effects of real strength training on bone down in Australia. This came across my email a few weeks ago. It's now pay-walled but if you contact the lead author and request access she is likely to give it.

Quote Originally Posted by Steven Kalin View Post
    Wow. Can’t believe the non response of her doctor. Brutal! I mean, she looks fantastic now. Good on you, girl.
    I can believe it. Doctor is mad that she lost some sale money on her pharma contract, I see.

Quote Originally Posted by mlhpt View Post
    They are doing some good research on the effects of real strength training on bone down in Australia. This came across my email a few weeks ago. It's now pay-walled but if you contact the lead author and request access she is likely to give it.
    In the US, NASA spent billions of taxpayer dollars studying bone density and strength training. It's why the squat, press, and deadlift in space and it's why NASA won't let astronauts participate in long-term space missions if they don't have a means to do the three exercises promoted here. The data is available for free (although not always as easy to find as it should be). It's astonishing that there is still debate around this. But I guess everybody wants to have healthy bones until it's time to lift heavy ass weights.

Quote Originally Posted by EdTice View Post
    In the US, NASA spent billions of taxpayer dollars studying bone density and strength training. It's why the squat, press, and deadlift in space and it's why NASA won't let astronauts participate in long-term space missions if they don't have a means to do the three exercises promoted here. The data is available for free (although not always as easy to find as it should be).
    Show us.

starting strength coach development program
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark Rippetoe View Post
    Show us.
    Sure, here is the dataset that NASA prepared for the AP statistics exam. I worked through this at one point. Not sure I could do it again without preparation. </p>

https://www.nasa.gov/pdf/593948main_...ntainingBD.pdf

There is a better reference for this which I am trying to dig up with an actual NASA lab director talking about why you need a 2x-3x squat to maintain bone density. I'll find that eventually. But in the interim, the Wired article about ARED and why its necessary to more accurately simulate an actual squat is pretty good.

High-Tech Weights for Space Workout | WIRED

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast