starting strength gym

Thread: Learning From Example | Scott Acosta

Default Learning From Example | Scott Acosta

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    The barbell has been in my life for about as long as I can remember. Some of my best childhood memories are of working out with my dad. This was the original spark that led me to where I am today. What stands out to me is the example set by my father with regards to training, and the continued impact it has had on my own.

Read article

Fantastic writing Scott, and a fine tribute to your father.

Scott, thank you very much for this piece. As a father of young boys, and a man whose father figures did not set this specific example, your sharing the model your old man set was very edifying for me. Your relating the interplay between two generations of your household has blessed and guided two generations of mine, and for that I am deeply grateful. Well done.

What a wonderful story. I hope my children have the same sentiment about my garage gym and dedication.

Hi, scott. I have felt very identified with your story. Not because my father was like yours (unfortunately he was a different kind of father), but for your love for the bar. I have practiced some other sports, but I´ve always had the barbell waiting for me in the rack. "Friendships" made on some sports come and go like the air, rugby clubs can be funny in a time and then not, martial arts dojo can have moral codes and others not; but he barbell is always there waiting for you. She doesn´t not perspire, doesn´t pant, doesn´t complain; she is always the same and forces you to be better, always. I have had situations with my body in which I could not practice "sport" in the popular sense of the word; but I could always do some kind of barbell exercise. I am sick now but the barbell continues being very useful object of physical improvement; the most useful of all by far. Some "sport places" look at me like a disabled who is not worth training; but the barbell would never do that kind of approach to me. Thanks for the article, I fell that I am not alone with these feels. And by the way, the last lines of your article almost makes me cry. An hurrah! for your father.

starting strength coach development program
    Great article, Scott.