starting strength gym

Thread: 7 Months of Barbell Rehab for Neck Surgery | Starting Strength Gyms Podcast #25

Default 7 Months of Barbell Rehab for Neck Surgery | Starting Strength Gyms Podcast #25

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024

Ray sits down with Physical Therapist and Starting Strength Coach Will Morris to discuss Ray's unique rehab from debilitating neck surgery.

• 09:00 - In Depth on Will's plan for Ray's recovery
    • 10:50 - Difference between perceived weakness and overt weakness
    • 22:30 - 8-week post-op period
    • 24:55 - Having pain vs. being injured
    • 35:12 - Bodybuilding is icing on the cake
    • 45:05 - How would the outcomes be from doing traditional PT vs. hiring Will
    • 50:55 - Will's programming for Ray's squat
    • 01:02:00 - Training on the road/isolation work
    • 01:17:54 - Running/living with prosthetics
    • 01:26:42 - Changing people's minds with Starting Strength
    • 01:32:08 - Advice for managing your healthcare

Will has begun to look more Korean.

I had a good laugh when Ray was astounded that Will "convinced the government" to buy the Monolift. I wasn't laughing because I would expect Ray to know the approval process, but because I do know the absolute shitshow that the approval process is, especially as the end of the fiscal year looms (30 September). At this time every year, fund managers are convincing every single purchasing point to spend every last nickel that they were appropriated this year, even if it doesn't really make sense (mop buckets for offices that are 100% carpeted, etc). If they don't, they're at risk of not receiving as much funding for the next fiscal year. So no matter how much military leadership likes to talk about being strong fiscal stewards, they spend like E-2's with their first real paycheck (Mustangs with 26% financing, tattoos, strip clubs, etc.).

Great job, Will! That monolift is probably one of the best justified purchase items I've heard.