starting strength gym

Thread: Lifting Shoes---EEEE width

Default Lifting Shoes---EEEE width

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    My feet look like swim fins. My present shoes cause my feet to feel really pinched across the ball of my foot. Horrors of horrors but I've been reduced to going bare foot. I have a home gym and right now it's bloody awful hot which makes it feel worse. Any recommendations?

Have a pair of shoes made. Your only option.

I want to vouch for old cobblers. I have a guy near me in New England when he quoted a price on repair for my legacy lifters, I thought he missed a digit.

Fellow owner of frog feet here (4E's). Custom made is really the way to go, but I have had success with the Do-Win Classic. I did not size up as is recommended and have had no issues. Yes, they will be uncomfortable for a month or so, but different tying patterns and adjusting the velcro can accommodate. When I first started wearing them, I could only stand having them on for the squats and quickly peeled them off. After a few months, I got to the point that they were on throughout the workout. Now, I'll even forget about them and walk around the house for a while after my workout. Of course, YMMV.

Quote Originally Posted by MartyD View Post
    My feet look like swim fins. My present shoes cause my feet to feel really pinched across the ball of my foot. Horrors of horrors but I've been reduced to going bare foot. I have a home gym and right now it's bloody awful hot which makes it feel worse. Any recommendations?
    Can I ask where you are? On the off chance you are in the Pacific Northwest, or better yet, Vancouver BC, Dayton Boots, in Vancouver, makes boots and shoes. Completely bespoke. And they digitize the mold of your foot and keep it. It’s not cheap, but their stuff is top notch.
    Last edited by Steven Kalin; 08-01-2022 at 11:32 AM. Reason: Spelling