starting strength gym
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Getting Angry

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    I've had the same problem, especially since covid. What seems to help is accepting that a large portion of society are idiots and not worth my time to argue and the subsequent consequences. Lucky for us Rip hasn't yet taken this approach during comments from the haters.

Quote Originally Posted by JJ23 View Post
    I've had the same problem, especially since covid. What seems to help is accepting that a large portion of society are idiots and not worth my time to argue and the subsequent consequences. Lucky for us Rip hasn't yet taken this approach during comments from the haters.
    Hey, I don't argue with them. I just read them to you.

Quote Originally Posted by Jovan Dragisic View Post
    Masks send me into kill mode instantly. it is so funny, I find myself giving murder looks to 90 year old grannies, the poor things.
    So this happened to me the other day. I’m trying to exit a really difficult alley, really bad sight lines, and this guy wearing a mask on the sidewalk cranes his neck out into the street to check for me, then waves me out. Fuck!!!! Totally ruined my day.

Quote Originally Posted by Jdcuth View Post
    Yes you are very close. I read elsewhere on the forum about “the man who wanted to be left alone” and I’ve just reread it and it really hit a nerve again.
    If it isn't too much trouble, could you link that article? I'd like to read it. Thank you!

Quote Originally Posted by Steven Kalin View Post
    So this happened to me the other day. I’m trying to exit a really difficult alley, really bad sight lines, and this guy wearing a mask on the sidewalk cranes his neck out into the street to check for me, then waves me out. Fuck!!!! Totally ruined my day.
    Hahah I never see a guy with a mask. It is always an old lady who watches too much TV or listens to too much radio. I really admire you guys who live in mask compliant countries, I can’t imagine how much restraint it takes not to knock people out.

Quote Originally Posted by Jdcuth View Post
    Yes you are very close. I read elsewhere on the forum about “the man who wanted to be left alone” and I’ve just reread it and it really hit a nerve again. I may look in to BJJ but I am still progressing with strength training so smoothly I must have a lot of newbie gains to still exploit so will hold off a little longer.
    I always found striking stuff to be a better anger release than grappling. There's a visceral satisfaction to just pounding the fuck out of things as hard as you can.

not sure if this is where others have read it but its an excellent piece. Up there with "it is not the critic who counts"

Men Who Wanted to Be Left Alone

I identify with this quite a bit as well:

Our bad-tempered behaviour is not a cry for help, say old men

As it emerged that many men will spend their declining years alone, aged males confirmed that beneath their crusty, irascible exterior there was only more irascibility.

79-year-old Roy Hobbs said: “Some people seem to think that when I tell them to fuck off I actually mean ‘I crave companionship, come and have some cake’.

“What I actually mean is ‘fuck off’.

Quote Originally Posted by Jovan Dragisic View Post
    Hahah I never see a guy with a mask. It is always an old lady who watches too much TV or listens to too much radio. I really admire you guys who live in mask compliant countries, I can’t imagine how much restraint it takes not to knock people out.
    You get used to it. The only thing I did not get used to is worthless people putting masks on their kids faces, some old enough to still be in a stroller. Fuckin psychos.
    One trait they have in common: they look physically weak or unhealthy

starting strength coach development program
    It is no measure of good health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast