starting strength gym
Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast

Thread: The new ss podcast is lame

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    Quote Originally Posted by Yngvi View Post
    Everyone has a podcast; people don't even listen to all of the podcasts they are extremely interested in.
    Ray's podcast serves a good purpose and has a target audience, however the traditional long-format podcast may not be the most effective or engaging form.
    I must be an anomoly; I disagree with the quoted part above. I listen all the way to the end (I don't watch the videos). Hell, I get annoyed when I have to forward through the silent final 40 seconds that are not edited out (not really Ray). I may be one of the hundreds that listened, 2x, to the technology of the gyms. Was fascinated by the discussion of the lighting, and texted Ray how much I enjoyed it. But as Pete T has said, I am a psychopath.

Long form ANYTHING will be well received if it is engaging, interesting, and authentically given/delivered. Long movies, podcasts, books... Doesn't matter.

Quote Originally Posted by mpalios View Post
    I must be an anomoly...
    You are an anomaly in the fact that, like me, you are a die-hard SS supporter who will consume almost any content put out and you will enjoy it.
    You are not an anomaly in the fact that you must prioritize which content you consume.

If we move down from your area of highest interest to maybe your 3rd-10th highest areas of interest, how many podcasts do you listen to per week from each of those areas?
    How many podcasts do you listen to per week total?
    What is the most common topic for podcasts you listen to and what percentage of podcasts you listen to does that account for?

We all appreciate Ray's efforts and recognize the value of his time.

JD Thomason is offline Owner, Starting Strength Colorado Springs

I started listening to the SS podcast long ago as I was matriculating through the NLP. Now I listen to the Rip show because I end up laughing out loud in my car at "Comments from the haters" and acerbic RIP answering the SAME G****M QUESTIONS over and over, along with the topical advice and movie episodes.

The SS GYM pods are different, but because of my current interests and short term plans as I leave federal service I have been utterly fascinated by the business aspects with starting up a new franchise system, opening a gym, technology choices, and I have certainly enjoyed the episodes with Stan and Nick.

keep doing what you're doing. And keep dunking on other fitness brands all you want, I visited an F45 and an LA Fitness in the last two weeks and they both managed to piss me off.

I enoy the podcast, although I'm daydreaming about opening an SS gym which may put me in the minority. Regardless, I can't imagine being as rude as the OP about a free product.

Ray Gillenwater is offline Administrator, Starting Strength Gyms
    Starting Strength Coach

Francesco, did this week's episode give you the information you were looking for about apprenticeship?

Quote Originally Posted by Ray Gillenwater View Post
    Francesco, did this week's episode give you the information you were looking for about apprenticeship?
    Hey Ray, I'm so sorry but I did not receive the notification for your response! Better late than never I guess
    Yes, the podcast was informative.
    In fact, although I don't wanna jinx myself, I might get an apprenticeship at Steve's gym in Brussels next month, and have also started the CPC in the meantime.

P.S: your last podcast with Luke was really inspiring to watch.

Starting Strength Coach

Quote Originally Posted by francesco.decaro View Post
    I might get an apprenticeship at Steve's gym in Brussels next month, and have also started the CPC in the meantime.
    I've met Steve a few times and he seems like a solid guy all around. Good luck.

Quote Originally Posted by francesco.decaro View Post
    P.S: your last podcast with Luke was really inspiring to watch.
    Much appreciated - we're in good hands under Luke's leadership.

I like the song (don't know the name of the song, seems like its 18 visions, or throwdown). Also Ray is hilarious and his podcast is awesome. Seems like he's redpilled on Boise too.

The Luke podcast was great.

Let's just turn this thread into the SS Podcast Appreciation Thread.
    Starting Strength Indianapolis is up and running. Sign up for a free 30-minute coaching session.
    I answer all my emails: ALewis@StartingStrengthGyms.com

Starting Strength Coach

starting strength coach development program
    Quote Originally Posted by tonybanters View Post
    I like the song (don't know the name of the song, seems like its 18 visions, or throwdown). Also Ray is hilarious and his podcast is awesome. Seems like he's redpilled on Boise too.
    Holy shit you have a keen ear. The guy that wrote our intro jingle, Keith Barney, is a founding member of both bands and was a songwriter for both (still is for 18V). I asked him to make the heaviest breakdown possible, and then transition into a slower, heavier breakdown. Nailed it. Rip refers to this music as "a waste of electricity." BTW, in case you're a fan of Heavy K's, you might be interested to know that he designed our logbook app (the one exclusive to SS Gyms).

I've been accused of many things, but never of being hilarious. BRB, going upstairs to tell my wife.

Quote Originally Posted by AndrewLewis View Post
    Let's just turn this thread into the SS Podcast Appreciation Thread.
    Sounds good to me, but I still encourage those with poor emotional regulation to lash out at me. It's fascinating behavior to observe and a reminder to treat my children well so they don't end up like this. DEAR STRANGER I AM VERY MAD THAT YOU EXIST AND DARE TO CREATE THINGS THAT DON'T CATER TO MY SPECIFIC PREFERENCES AND SENSITIVITIES AAWWRRAARRGGHHHHHHH!!!!

Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast